By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
Chazore said:

I'm gonna wait till early next yr and see what Zotac has in store for water cooling. Fuck going with Aorus again. 

Yea I might end up with Asus or Zotac. Too bad cause Founders looks hot damn.

And yea, some of the AIBs have some wtf designs loll.

Here's KFA2 for the 3080:

It's like if you took the Founders Edition and got rid of all the elegance and engineering...

That random fan at the top lol.. not a great looking design. saying that, this does look easy to clean/maintain and is 'only' 2x8pin.. which is a plus (less clutter). Doesn't make it any more pleasing on the eye though :P

Might be an option for people if the FE gets gobbled up at launch.

Around the Network

Yeah...nah, Aorus. My 1080ti is using the exact same fan setup, and it's that same setup that caused one of my bearings to go. Didn't happen with my Zotac 980ti or my 660ti either.

I'm gonna pass on their custom models, if all they are going to do is make blocky, close finned triple fan setups like that, over and over again. 

Definitely waiting for what Zotac has, because I'm fed up of triple fan stack designs. Waterblock cooling is sounding more appealing to me by the day. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 03 September 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

DLSS 2.1 folks.

• NVIDIA claims that DLSS 2.1 will deliver 8K gaming on GeForce RTX 3090 with a new 9x scaling option.
  • Furthermore, DLSS 2.1 will bring VR support. As such, developers can now finally use DLSS tech in their VR games, something that was not possible with the previous versions of DLSS.
  • Lastly, DLSS 2.1 brings dynamic resolution support.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-officially-announces-and-details-dlss-2-1-brings-ultra-performance-mode-for-8k-gaming/

Last edited by hinch - on 03 September 2020

hinch said:

DLSS 2.1 folks.

• NVIDIA claims that DLSS 2.1 will deliver 8K gaming on GeForce RTX 3090 with a new 9x scaling option.
  • Furthermore, DLSS 2.1 will bring VR support. As such, developers can now finally use DLSS tech in their VR games, something that was not possible with the previous versions of DLSS.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-officially-announces-and-details-dlss-2-1-brings-ultra-performance-mode-for-8k-gaming/

As Yuri says, DLSS is the gift that keeps on giving.

I honestly don't know how the hell AMD is supposed to wallop Nvidia with similar tech, when Nvidia has been building up to this.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

hinch said:

DLSS 2.1 folks.

Dynamic resolution support is huge. Like hot damn huge. It could mean that games that support DLSS 2.1 can not only play games at high resolution while having a low internal resolution but also have a consistent framerate as well. Not to mention on the sections where the GPU has more headroom, the games could also look better.

Now because of how low of an internal resolution DLSS already works with, that ain't a problem but as we head on to the next generation, Turing will start to show it's age and this is what will keep the Turing and potato Ampere owners afloat... If they haven't sold their 2000 series already loll.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Well fuck, there goes my chance to watch a review of a 3000 series Zotac card from GN :/

Chazore said:

As Yuri says, DLSS is the gift that keeps on giving.

I honestly don't know how the hell AMD is supposed to wallop Nvidia with similar tech, when Nvidia has been building up to this.

True. DLSS is amazing for PC gamers. Enabling even mid-tier card buyers to enjoy high resolution gaming and crazy high FPS for higher tier users and offer considerably better VR experience. And now 8K gaming.. which I thought wouldn't happen until at least another generation.

Nvidia has no equal in ML so long as they have their huge budget in R&D in AI and their tensor cores. AMD needs to have a similar hardware solution to compete. And before anyone says DirectML is the answer. Nope.

Captain_Yuri said:

Dynamic resolution support is huge. Like hot damn huge. It could mean that games that support DLSS 2.1 can not only play games at high resolution while having a low internal resolution but also have a consistent framerate as well. Not to mention on the sections where the GPU has more headroom, the games could also look better.

Now because of how low of an internal resolution DLSS already works with, that ain't a problem but as we head on to the next generation, Turing will start to show it's age and this is what will keep the Turing and potato Ampere owners afloat... If they haven't sold their 2000 series already loll.

Yeah, this is huge. I'd imagine this being a massive plus for any of the crazy folk playing on like 5-8K screens. While also giving people on 4K or even 1440P an amazing smooth experience. This is a very smart way of balancing performance and while still giving you good image quality.

But Idd.. I'd also hate to be the guy who recently bought a 2080Ti xD

hinch said:

Nvidia has no equal in ML so long as they have their huge budget in R&D in AI and their tensor cores. AMD needs to have a similar hardware solution to compete. And before anyone says DirectML is the answer. Nope.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah, this is huge. I'd imagine this being a massive plus for any of the crazy folk playing on like 5-8K screens. While also giving people on 4K or even 1440P an amazing smooth experience. This is a very smart way of balancing performance and while still giving you good image quality.

But Idd.. I'd also hate to be the guy who recently bought a 2080Ti xD

Loll so true.

I suppose it could always be worse. Could be the suckers that bought a Titan Z back in the day.

For those who don't remember. 2080 Ti stayed on the market for 2 years and costed $1200... Well a Titan Z launched in 05/28/14 for $3000... Then Nvidia launched their 980 Ti on June 2, 2015 for $649 and it came within spitting distance of the Titan Z.

Oh the internet those days.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 04 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:
I love how he's warping words already and spreading dat misinformation.

He just doesn't know about all the truly free games on the EGS. You should tell him.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The internet is tempting me. I've set a price alarm for my new TV at 2400€. Today it hit with an ebay offer for just 2300€. Most other store still have it listed at around 2700€.

Really tempted to pull the trigger right now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.