By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Most likely a single PC, depends on what you actually want to do.

Have like Halo or Final Fantasy or something running on my TV, while also having something like Civ or FM running on my monitor at the same time. Basically the same as I do with PC+console at the moment, but without the console.

Would be problematic. Keyboard and gamepad input would affect the active window / task in most cases.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

Halo veteran Joseph Staten

Am I the only one who read Josef Stalin at first?

Can't say I did :-/.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Chat Filtering, Now in Beta through Steam Labs

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamLabs/announcements/detail/2733076258490122511

Also this could be something interesting for the upcoming Ampere launch event. This was found in the Beta branch for Wolfesntein Youngblood, just uploaded to Steam.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumored-specs-for-nvidias-upcoming-ampere-rtx-3000-series-graphics-cards-rtx-3060-rtx-3070-rtx-3080-and-rtx-3080-ti.196107/post-43600985

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
HoloDust said:

Never tried it actually, but at one point it got me interested, so, IIRC, ASTER + Sandboxie is what it seems to give you 2 games on PC with 1 GPU.

Don't think I'd need that. I can already run 2 games on 1 PC. I'm more interested in the specs I'd need to be able to do that with two AAA games without suffering performance issues.

You would have to be more specific what kind of performance, resolution and game fidelity(low, mid, high, ultra). Also your budget would be interesting. It might be that depending on your preference a single PC might not be able to handle 2 games at all.

Personally I would always take 2 PCs, just as I have right now. It is definitely not the cheaper option but it has a huge amount of benefits.

- no hassle with multi monitor

- no hassle with playing 2 games side by side like active windows or fullscreens

- ability to upgrade or fix  PCs individually while still always having at least one running

- No performance issues or interoperability issues which will lead to many hours of troubleshooting and optimization

You can also save a bunch of money if you size them differently, i.e. weaker hardware for less demanding games.

Another thing I don't want to leave unmentioned is that you need to be considerate about where you buy your games. If you just buy all of your games on Steam, you won't be able to play them at the same time on the same account.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't chat enough to need the new filter, but it's good to see Valve working on it. Now it only needs to work.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Hey Yuri, have you tried this?

Microsoft Flight Simulator players are flying into Hurricane Laura

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/27/21403769/hurricane-laura-microsoft-flight-simulator

Microsoft Flight Simulator players have turned into virtual stormchasers this week, hunting down Hurricane Laura as it approached the US Gulf Coast. While Texas and Louisiana brace for what is being described as an “unsurvivable storm surge,” the real-time weather inside Microsoft Flight Simulator is providing a surreal spectacle for players.

Not yet as I have been pretty busy with work and etc. But I might give it a go soon. Some of the screenshots I have seen on reddit and twitter looks hot damn!

https://twitter.com/Berduu/status/1298968244200632321?s=19

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

be quiet! 1200W and 1500W digital Dark Power Pro 12 PSU Series (Update on NVIDIA 12-pin header)

Update: Be quiet! submitted an additional response towards the Nvidia 12-pin cable for the Ampere high0end GPUs:

"We are anticipating the launch of Nvidia's next generation of graphics cards, and although Nvidia announced they include an adapter for their graphics cards that require a new 12-pin power connector, we offer our customers an additional solution to use their be quiet! power supply with the latest Nvidia graphics cards.

This solution will come in the form of a full 12-pin cable, to avoid any additional resistance that may be induced by an adapter, that will work with all our modular high-wattage power supply units."

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/be-quiet-announces-1200w-and-1500w-fully-digital-dark-power-pro-12-psu-series.html

Between Seasonic and now Be Quiet! I am starting to think Nvidia made a deal with power supply companies

That scene showing Arthas ripping out Uther's soul was pretty epic, but I love how they re-did the scene for when we had slain Arthas, and what he could actually see (since we didn't see any angels descending from the Maw to grab him).

Not a big fan of the whole "angels desire vengeance" viewpoint though. It's going to be just like the genocidal Naru all over again, which I think makes for terrible one sided writing. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Those Reagan economics really paying off after nearly 2 years now, eh?.

For reference:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"