By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Rock Paper Shotgun has an interview with InXile about how Wsateland 2 handles discrimination and reacts to player gender

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/09/how-wasteland-2-will-acknowledge-gender-discrimination/

Sir, You Are Being Hunted Alpha Opens 19th August, and details the ongoing development plan

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/10/sir-you-are-being-hunted-alpha-opens-19th-august/

Splinter Cell: Blacklist system requirements released

Minimum

OS: Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
Processor: 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or 2.80 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 10–compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher
DirectX: 9
Hard Drive: 25 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX 10–compliant DirectX 9.0c–compliant
Additional Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Recommended

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 or 3.00 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
DirectX: 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB HD space
Sound: 5.1 surround sound
Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
Additional Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/10/splinter-cell-blacklist-minimum-and-recommend-pc-requirements-released/

GRID 2 is getting mod support

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/grid-2-community-patch-will-bring-mod-support/

Rome 2 has a gameplay video showcasing AI

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Showing that the PC market has some teeth, NetherRealm Studios Ed Boon said that sales so far for Mortal Kombat 9 on that platform have been, "WAY WAY above expectations." The game has picked up an 82/100 Metascore on Metacritic, which is quite solid for a title that was originally released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in April 2011.

End users have given the game an 8.8/10 score on the same site, with almost 200 gamers weighing in on how they feel about the product.

These results seem to conflict with a statement Namco Bandai's Katsuhiro Harada made, as he felt that PC gamers weren't interested in fighting games.

Harada made that remark in early 2013, but it's possible if enough companies see successful fighting game launches on the PC, they'll change their tune.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/aug/10/mortal-kombat-pc-sales-are-way-way-above-expectations/

@TheVoxelman on twitter

The X series has always been really interesting. The sim part is really neat... However, I've never found the flying around fun (I've played X2 like 40+ hours and X3 like 15 or so), which is a bit of a hindrance to a game where you fly around and try to get bigger ships.

ishiki said:
The X series has always been really interesting. The sim part is really neat... However, I've never found the flying around fun (I've played X2 like 40+ hours and X3 like 15 or so), which is a bit of a hindrance to a game where you fly around and try to get bigger ships.

yea I didn't last long in X3 myself tho it was more the game breaking bugs that stopped me to be honest. Hopefully Rebirth is a bit more polished. And if not well there is always Star Citezen and Elite to look forward too.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I may get into troubles saying what I'll say in this tread but Neill Blomkamp is a dick. There's nothing wrong to play videogames on a console.

Sure, FPS, strategy and other kind of games are better played with a keyboard and a mouse and therefore are inherently better on a PC, but there are many other genres and games (mostly any game that's played with a gamepad) that is as good in PC as in a console, bar the graphics.

On another note... your thread title is a reflect of your crazyness or it's just a mistake? (leave it as it is!)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I remember seeing MK9 in top sellers for a while and in the top 10 most played steam games, but I don't even see it in the top 100 most played games on steam anymore. Kind of scary how quickly support for a fighting game on PC is lost from the community. It's been only 1 month since the port came out.

JEMC said:

I may get into troubles saying what I'll say in this tread but Neill Blomkamp is a dick. There's nothing wrong to play videogames on a console.

Sure, FPS, strategy and other kind of games are better played with a keyboard and a mouse and therefore are inherently better on a PC, but there are many other genres and games (mostly any game that's played with a gamepad) that is as good in PC as in a console, bar the graphics.

On another note... your thread title is a reflect of your crazyness or it's just a mistake? (leave it as it is!)

Lol I doubt any of the people in this thread are that fanatical to jump on you for that. I don't think that saying that he hates consoles makes him a dick at all tho, it's not like he is insulting anyone or anything he just happens to not like gamepads and aparently be a bit of a graphics whore lol. Sounds like he pretty much just plays shooters as well.

No I'm just Car crazy...

Actually it is a typo but I will leave it, just like I left the typo in the last title.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Panama said:
I remember seeing MK9 in top sellers for a while and in the top 10 most played steam games, but I don't even see it in the top 100 most played games on steam anymore. Kind of scary how quickly support for a fighting game on PC is lost from the community. It's been only 1 month since the port came out.

Aparently the online is pretty broken, with terrible net code and the multiplayer straight up didn't function at launch. Which would explain the quick fall off in players I think.

Also Skull Girls Beta

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
JEMC said:

Lol I doubt any of the people in this thread are that fanatical to jump on you for that. I don't think that saying that he hates consoles makes him a dick at all tho, it's not like he is insulting anyone or anything he just happens to not like gamepads and aparently be a bit of a graphics whore lol. Sounds like he pretty much just plays shooters as well.

It's not what he said (it's an opinion and we are entitled to have our own), but how he said it if the translation is as it happened

CLICK: So you play on PC, you’re not a console person?!
NB: I fucking hate consoles dude!

CLICK: Why?!
NB: Dude, no!

CLICK: You were going to make a Halo movie!
NB: I cannot stand consoles!

That's what I dislike. Being a graphics whore has nothing to do with it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

zarx said:
Panama said:

Aparently the online is pretty broken, with terrible net code and the multiplayer straight up didn't function at launch. Which would explain the quick fall off in players I think.

Also Skull Girls Beta

Is Skull Girl's netcode good? I remembering them promising PS3/PC crossplay.