By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I wish Firaxis would drop Civilization for awhile and bring us a spiritual sequel to Alpha Centauri.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
I wish Firaxis would drop Civilization for awhile and bring us a spiritual sequel to Alpha Centauri.

That would be cool, they do have that new XCOM stuff coming soon. XCOM being a success should hopefully give them license to try some different stuff.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

BasilZero said:
zarx said:
BasilZero said:

I love King of Fighters - cant wait to play it!

Also Amazon currently has Bioshock 1 and 2 on sale for $4.99 if anyone wants it ;o.

Anyways, that Sonic Racing game.....is it Transformed :O?

Yes Transformed I bought a 4 pack from GMG and I have a left over code

:O

If you dont mind...I would like it xD

Its possibly the only Sonic game that I dont have on Steam :O.

Basil I think it's time to determine who here is the true "King of Fighters".

I did like FEAR but I am not sure about how I feel about Betrayer. The more times I see the screens the less I like it, maybe it will look better at full res in motion. But the Black, White and Red art style looks like it could be bit of a pain.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:

For Struggling PC Market, It's PC Gamers To The Rescue

IDC Insights Research dropped some doom and gloom earlier this year, reporting that Q1 2013 PC shipments were down a drastic 13.9% globally, compared to the same period in 2012. This represented the worst decline in the US since 2006, despite Windows 8 and some inspired hardware to accompany it from the likes of Lenovo, ASUS, and Dell DELL -0.15%. Apparently no one told PC gamers about this decline, as a new report from Jon Peddie Research illustrates.

Now more than ever, we’re seeing a decisive separation of so-called “casual” and enthusiast or “hardcore” PC gamers. JPR president Jon Peddie explains that a growing number of users are migrating to tablets and smartphones as the specs of these devices continue to mature. With that shift, the remaining PC users are going considerably high-end. In fact, Peddie confidently states that his research group is “forecasting growth in the most expensive discrete graphics products.”

That makes perfect sense, actually. Classic retreat upmarket.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:

Basil I think it's time to determine who here is the true "King of Fighters".

You getting it when it comes out :O?

We can play against each other *_*

I also need to get SFIV and SFxTekken on steam...when their last versions come XD.

I wish Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 came out on Steam :(

(Just finished Castle Crashers normal mode few min ago - will be playing insane mode soon!)

Might as well get it.  The people I normally play fighting games with don't want it nor do they play anymore.

famousringo said:
zarx said:

For Struggling PC Market, It's PC Gamers To The Rescue

IDC Insights Research dropped some doom and gloom earlier this year, reporting that Q1 2013 PC shipments were down a drastic 13.9% globally, compared to the same period in 2012. This represented the worst decline in the US since 2006, despite Windows 8 and some inspired hardware to accompany it from the likes of Lenovo, ASUS, and Dell DELL -0.15%. Apparently no one told PC gamers about this decline, as a new report from Jon Peddie Research illustrates.

Now more than ever, we’re seeing a decisive separation of so-called “casual” and enthusiast or “hardcore” PC gamers. JPR president Jon Peddie explains that a growing number of users are migrating to tablets and smartphones as the specs of these devices continue to mature. With that shift, the remaining PC users are going considerably high-end. In fact, Peddie confidently states that his research group is “forecasting growth in the most expensive discrete graphics products.”

That makes perfect sense, actually. Classic retreat upmarket.

But the other part 

Continuing, Santos tells me that “on average most of our customers that are high-end gamers spend around $4k or more.” Surely that’s an anomaly, right? Back over to Reeves at Falcon Northwest: “Our ASP [average sale price] this year is $4,100. An interesting data point: we’ve seen a 16% increase in customer spending on the GPU this year over last.”

$4k? Really?

I just bought a new mobo, CPU and an SSD for about 550 €. Even if I had bought a Titan that would be 900 € more, and i would be perfectly capable to play at high or very high for the next years. Why do they need to spend that much? It's ridiculous.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

New greenlight titles announced, they are really stepping up the rate of new titles being greenlit.

7 Days To Die
The 7th Guest
Crashtastic
The Dead Linger
Door Kickers
INFRA
Maia
Nekro
The Novelist
Paranomal
Satellite Reign
Stranded Deep
Strike Vector
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches

Good to see Maia get through, Stranded Deep, Nekro, The Novelist, Satellite Reign, Strike Vector all look potentially interesting.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Speaking of greenlight Sweary65 has a little blog about Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut on Steam

http://www.accessgames-blog.com/swery65/2013/08/post-4984.html#eng

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Looks like Neill Blomkamp is a member of the master race lol

CLICK: I mean this as a compliment but I felt it had a video game aesthetic to it - with the floating third person camera that’s locked to a character.
NB: Yea I did one specific shot like that.

CLICK: There’s one during the fight and one where the cameras shifting as though you’re moving it with a controller. That’s a real video game reference?
NB: Yea completely.

CLICK: And what are your video games that you’re referencing then - because you are clearly a game fan as well as a movie fan.
NB: Yea. For those two camera moves - I’m glad you picked up on that. I haven’t spoken to many people that have seen the film yet so maybe other people will start bringing that up. Those are more nondescript. So I’m alluding to the fact that I’m from this kind of Xbox generation that just likes this shit

CLICK: The third person cover shooter…?
NB: Yea exactly. The stuff that I’m actually into currently - I’m really into the new Battlefield [BF3] so I’m playing that a lot. But I just destroyed the computer that was running on so it’s not working out for me right now.

CLICK: So you play on PC, you’re not a console person?!
NB: I fucking hate consoles dude!

CLICK: Why?!
NB: Dude, no!

CLICK: You were going to make a Halo movie!
NB: I cannot stand consoles!

CLICK: God, how were you going to come at those questions when people talked about consoles?!
NB: I forced myself to play that bullshit with the thumbs but I hate that stuff. But you have to remember if I’m from computer graphics and 3D animation, I basically have like Cray research computers running 3D graphics on them.

CLICK: So why would I want these shitty textures on a console?!
NB: Exactly! You just want the most disgustingly high resolution, incredibly high frame rate [explosion noise] image! So and the precision too!

CLICK: Sure headshots are much easier with a mouse! You mentioned you were a VFX guy there, does that mean you’re very demanding when the team brings you an effects show? You know it could be better?
NB: Yea totally.

CLICK: God, how were you going to come at those questions when people talked about consoles?!
NB: I forced myself to play that bullshit with the thumbs but I hate that stuff. But you have to remember if I’m from computer graphics and 3D animation, I basically have like Cray research computers running 3D graphics on them.

CLICK: So why would I want these shitty textures on a console?!
NB: Exactly! You just want the most disgustingly high resolution, incredibly high frame rate [explosion noise] image! So and the precision too!

CLICK: Sure headshots are much easier with a mouse! You mentioned you were a VFX guy there, does that mean you’re very demanding when the team brings you an effects show? You know it could be better?
NB: Yea totally.
- See more at: http://clickonline.com/movies/uncut-interview--neill-blomkamp-for-elysium/19123/#sthash.wNCtigwq.dpuf
CLICK: I mean this as a compliment but I felt it had a video game aesthetic to it - with the floating third person camera that’s locked to a character.

CLICK: There’s one during the fight and one where the cameras shifting as though you’re moving it with a controller. That’s a real video game reference?

CLICK: And what are your video games that you’re referencing then - because you are clearly a game fan as well as a movie fan.
NB: Yea. For those two camera moves - I’m glad you picked up on that. I haven’t spoken to many people that have seen the film yet so maybe other people will start bringing that up. Those are more nondescript. So I’m alluding to the fact that I’m from this kind of Xbox generation that just likes this shit

NB: Yea exactly. The stuff that I’m actually into currently - I’m really into the new Battlefield [BF3] so I’m playing that a lot. But I just destroyed the computer that was running on so it’s not working out for me right now.

NB: I cannot stand consoles! - See more at: http://clickonline.com/movies/uncut-interview--neill-blomkamp-for-elysium/19123/#sthash.wNCtigwq.dpuf

NB: I cannot stand consoles! - See more at: http://clickonline.com/movies/uncut-interview--neill-blomkamp-for-elysium/19123/#sthash.wNCtigwq.dpuf

Check out the full interview http://clickonline.com/movies/uncut-interview--neill-blomkamp-for-elysium/19123/

God damn X Rebirth is looking good, never managed to get into the series myself but that may have to change...

Neill Blomkamp

@TheVoxelman on twitter