By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Enslaved Ottw Question

Tagged games:

I have to admit I enjoyed this game. Aside from the technical issues I think it is great. After beating it I have a few questions for the 3 of you who completed it here. Towards the end Trip seemed suspicious of Monkey. It seemed as if they were insinuating he was a machine as well. Did you guys get that vibe? What are your thoughts on the matter? I'm pissed we'll never see a sequel. :/

Around the Network

I finished, but i got into once it released, so i no longer remember the story.

I do remember that i enjoyed it but though the combat was lacking. Would've loved to have seen a sequal instead of DmC.

Nem said:
I finished, but i got into once it released, so i no longer remember the story.

I do remember that i enjoyed it but though the combat was lacking. Would've loved to have seen a sequal instead of DmC.

Yea, I totally understand. I only beat it once, and since I played it on hard I didn't have much reason to go back. I'm not an achievement hunter or anything.

Yea it was a great experience for me, and like you said it was lacking in the combat area, but I loved the adventure side of the game, and the story was well crafted. I just kept wondering about that scene between Trip and Monkey. They made it seem as if he could be a machine, which would explain his agility and super strength. I'll look for a vid and post it to refresh your memory.

Game was pretty awesome I got it at launch so I don't remember the story much either though I don't feel like he was a machine.

Very very underrated. Sure was an inspiration for the Industry.

Around the Network

i've finished game like 4-5 times - i didn't get the suspicion vibe from trip. At the end there was genuine friendship between monkey and trip. The only complaint is that they didn't explore the mech story deeper. Very underrated game, i highly recommend to anyway who hasn't played it.

JoeFlex said:

I have to admit I enjoyed this game. Aside from the technical issues I think it is great. After beating it I have a few questions for the 3 of you who completed it here. Towards the end Trip seemed suspicious of Monkey. It seemed as if they were insinuating he was a machine as well. Did you guys get that vibe? What are your thoughts on the matter? I'm pissed we'll never see a sequel. :/

I liked the Story and the characters, but the technical issues where frustrating and the gameplay was sorta meh. The graphics where beautyful in their own unique way and the facial animation was phenomenal.

The end of this game was weird. I always took it as the developer wanted to give the illusion of choice but then took it away , plus it had some Matrix vibe to it. I really enjoyed the story it was one of the most ejoyable versions of the Odyssey to the West.

I would disagree with on one thing tough. I am glad there is no sequel to this game, I mean its a shame for Namco and Ninja Theory but a sequel I feel would take away the magic. And if you take the magic away from a game like this the only thing left is a game with mediocre gameplay. It would be like Journey 2.

A great game, I liked the combat it wasn't so bad. Amazing design and characters.

i played the game back in early 2011 and i truly enjoyed everything about the game. aside from screen tearing on the PS3 version. and yes i too noticed the vibe you talked about and also felt strange that there wasn't anything confirming her suspicion!!

played the game again 4 months ago and planning on getting the platinum for the game soon.

Dahum said:
i played the game back in early 2011 and i truly enjoyed everything about the game. aside from screen tearing on the PS3 version. and yes i too noticed the vibe you talked about and also felt strange that there wasn't anything confirming her suspicion!!

played the game again 4 months ago and planning on getting the platinum for the game soon.

Yes! The way she looked at his tattoos (the symbol markings) on his back and the questions she brought up about his past. She seemed suspicious of his origins, so it seemed like she believed he was more than human. In the context of the world, I could only assume he was at least part machine, or something along those lines. I'll post a video when I get home.

To Everyone Else ... busy now. I'll respond when I get home from work. Great feedback!!!