By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 57- Into the Void

RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:

Are you gonna take this game as seriously as you take your sarcastic approach to VGChartz, or continue as planned?

I am taking this game seriously.

Who do you want to lynch toDay?

At the moment, no one.    Not really enough information to go by

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:

At the moment, no one.    Not really enough information to go by

What do you think of the flavor and the odd "it takes seven votes to lynch on Day 1" rule?

Naturally, one has to assume that a game of this size has probably only two factions with a 7/2 split between town and mafia. This basically means that the entire town has to agree on the Day 1 lynch, unless a mafioso thinks that it's for the better to sacrifice his scumbuddy.

However, the flavor has an odd one-against-the-rest tone to it which doesn't rule out an 8/1 split (or 7/1/1 with a third party like survivor tossed in). So in order to help the lonely scum and (kinda) assure that he makes it into Night 1, seven votes are needed to lynch on Day 1. Subsequently, this raises the question how this lonely scum is going to win the game, if he is all on his own. Well, perhaps he won't be alone for long, but can choose his compagnion during Night 1 (on top of performing a kill).

Well at first the flavor makes it seems like its  every man for himself, but near the end of it, it does seem to focus on one particular person.  And if it is only one person in a game of 9,  then I espect they will be able to recruit.  Other than that I get nothing, it could be intentially left vague to keep people guessing on the setup.  

As for the 7 votes to lynch on Day 1,  in my history of playing this game,  day 1 is the least informed day out of all, and most Day 1 lynches lead to disaster. In some cases the people were lucky though.  Plus it strengthens the argument that there is only 1 scum to start who may or may not be able to recruit.  To have a suge a big majority to lynch, it almost forces the game to at least a day 2 and possibly more if he can recruit.  

In that scenario,  it would be in our best interest to at the very least entertain the idea of a first day lynch.  As we could end the game right from the beginning. 

I think recruiting powers are very strong, and so if scum can recruit in a game this small I'd bet they canNOT also kill on the same night. With only 9 players I think a recruiter would snowball to victory too fast if he also got to kill on the same night.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Good news everyone!

I just got my memory back. Now I can confirm that I am indeed town. I had no idea before. :P

Unvote

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I'm also in for day 1 lynch, as the flavor really isn't helping, and I won't believe mario for the moment. So, we have an scenario with very little information, even for ourselves, so the possibility of a well thought lynch is really small. However, playing with the flavor, we may be lucky, in case there is a recruiter, and he probably doesn't know right now.

The thing is that it would be impossible to get all the votes.

Around the Network

Well only one person has yet to even check in yet, Nacho. Unless he was replaced by someone and we havent been told about it, we could do him a favor and get rid of him. Astro has one post, which is just a check in post but hasnt posted anything beyond that, and it was 5 days ago as well.

So there are 2 candidates for a possible "lynch a lurker" scenario.

RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:
Well only one person has yet to even check in yet, Nacho. Unless he was replaced by someone and we havent been told about it, we could do him a favor and get rid of him. Astro has one post, which is just a check in post but hasnt posted anything beyond that, and it was 5 days ago as well.

So there are 2 candidates for a possible "lynch a lurker" scenario.

prof isn't playing.

Like I said earlier today, spurge gave green light to Day 1 despite only six players showing up. Since then he has included me which means so far seven people could confirm that they have received their PM and are playing.

I never mentioned prof,  I was aware he never signed up in the first place

So even with the 7 that confirmed,  that still leaves Nacho and the one left to confirm and Astro who was here for just one simple post coming in to confirm and then gone, 5 days ago.    

RolStoppable said:
Vetteman94 said:

I never mentioned prof,  I was aware he never signed up in the first place

So even with the 7 that confirmed,  that still leaves Nacho and the one left to confirm and Astro who was here for just one simple post coming in to confirm and then gone, 5 days ago.    

Yes, v-man, and those would be three candidates for your possible "lynch a lurker" scenario. Not two.

And you know what it means to have three "lurkers"? We will be short of at least one vote for a Day 1 lynch, no matter what.

Well I am sure that when the mod returns he can fix it to 8 total players and 6 for a first day lynch,  making it possible.  

lol mafia. I can't believe I used to play this.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

benao87 said:
Linkzmax said:
benao87 said:
FF on linkz for following a person that ain't even playing -.-

FF(What's a FF?) on you for not following the thread.

FoS, I blame my tired head.

Well shame on me for assuming that when spurge said he found someone to replace prof and Rol jumped into the action, that it meant Rol replaced prof.