By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good PS3 Deal

If anyone is interested in buying a PS3 in the UK, I just saw a good deal at Virgin Megastores

If you are a Student like me, you get a further 10% off (you do in Sheffield anyway).

That's £270 for a PS3 with Burnout Paradice

OR

£315 for a PS3 with any 3 first party games

If anyone has seen any better deals please say.

EDIT. BUNDLE NOW CONTAINS A CHOICE FROM BURNOUT AND DMC4 AS WELL.

Around the Network

how is that you get 10% off for being a student? Lucky SOB. ;)

> £315 for a PS3 with any 3 first party games

That sounds like a great deal, especially when you can get R&C and Uncharted and something else (sorry, couldn't see clearly what else is there)

Is Folklore there? you should pick that up

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

dam fine offer

Wasn't virgin megastores brought out by zavvi? because all the virgins in birmingham are now zavvis

@highwaystar Maybe, i didn't really look at the sign as i walked in, i just assumed it was Virgin.

Around the Network
Got this off of a forum about Zavvi

Helix vbmenu_register("postmenu_19631374", true);
Forum Member

Services: Freeview: Alba STB8, Virgin Media: TV - XL + V+, Broadband - M, Phone - XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble weed
Has anyone seen one of these rebranded stores yet? The one in the Manchester Arndale looks shocking

They've just left Virgin signs everywhere, relabelled all the stock, swapped the red balloons for green ones and added a few green pieces of plastic to the ceiling, Oh and they've changed the Virgin Megastores sign to Zavvi.co.uk

Although saying that the V's all over the walls could actually be interpreted as Z's as my mate pointed out

Yeah, I've been in one and they don't seem to have done anything at all other than change the sign. They still sell Virgin Megastores gift cards and gave me a Virgin Student discount card.

Looks like they still do student discount (thats all i care about) 

so it's not a big change at all, ok that's good

Oxymoron

I saw this deal today and thought that it looked a good deal. If I wasn't on the hunt for a 60GB I might take them up on it (after giving up on my hunt and finding a student to buy it for me).

Burnout one would be great if it had 2 player splitscreen...shame really.

Hmm, pie.

Devilstation said:
Got this off of a forum about Zavvi

Yeah, I've been in one and they don't seem to have done anything at all other than change the sign. They still sell Virgin Megastores gift cards and gave me a Virgin Student discount card.

Looks like they still do student discount (thats all i care about)

Virgin Megastores was bought out from Virgin by the magaine directors of Virgin Megastores, renamed themselves Zavvi.co.uk and just changed the signs. They still have very close relations to Virgin as a whole though (still sell virgin mobiles in there etc).

I think 

Hmm, pie.