By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you become a mod on this site?

valen200 said:
Actually, you really shouldn't be a mod. Everyone will always be unhappy with whatever you do. Take benkenobi88 here, he recently banned Gamer Girl Elite. Now the next time he bans a fan of any other system he will be accused of bias, and the act of banning a Nintendo fan will be forgotten.

lol, you got that right. You guys know me... I'll be the first one calling him bias, too.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

How come so many want to be mods anyways? Its a thankless task at best, you'll never satisfy everyone, and boy will you hear it when you don't. I was a mod once on a Norwegian forum called Diskusjon.no or Discussion.no, a site delving in threads with every thinkable and indeed unthinkable topic. I quit after 5-6 months, the site was getting too big, and there were too few mods (about 15 mods for 12.000 users at any given time and over 80.000 members)...
It seems that this site has things under control for now, but it does take a good while before reports are answered and/or dealt with sometimes, especially in the hours where practically no mods are on because of timezones.
I'm sure ioi will sort it out though, there are many potential mods here.

@Mummel.

Yeah I have been a mod before and even on a small forum it can be quite a task. Basically the only reason a person should become a moderator is so that they can give something back to the forum - they shouldn't want to become a moderator for the red name and the mod powers.

i dont know i guess ioi just chooses. but does he do a vote, and do you have to agree to it.

I see some young pupils who seek power=]

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
valen200 said:
Actually, you really shouldn't be a mod. Everyone will always be unhappy with whatever you do. Take benkenobi88 here, he recently banned Gamer Girl Elite. Now the next time he bans a fan of any other system he will be accused of bias, and the act of banning a Nintendo fan will be forgotten.
It is very unfortunate, but very true.  It is also true in most of the world.  You are never remembered for the good you do if you have done something bad that was equal and opposite that of the best thing you did.

I guess all the current mods votes
or something like flipping a coin

RolStoppable should be the next mod selected.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

^i agree - i know one person who will never be a mod: Leo-j

I thought Rol was a mod, did something happen?

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960