By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you become a mod on this site?

RolStoppable said:
twesterm said:
highwaystar101 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
There's two types of mods: the ones that patrol the boards and the ones that handle the database and news posts (y-koron).

SSJ12 is an anomaly. I think he blackmailed ioi.

Ok, that makes sense, do you know how people got to that position then?

Very carefully.

Your mom?

Awesome memory!  (just like your moms)

Around the Network

I think you have to be from the US to become a mod.

Jokes aside, at some point there was a voting thread for mods. Some guys (rocketpig?, naz?, montana?) were voted to modship that way. However, the thread had ugly stretches and hence I understand ioi not wanting to repeat that excercise again.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Soon everyone on Vgchartz will be a mod. It's all part of ioi's master plan to increase the size of his secret cyber army.

Some men are born with modhood some men achieve modhood, and some men have modhood thrust upon them.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

highwaystar101 said:

Not that I'm interested in applying (well I wouldn't say no if the position was offered too me), but what do you need to do to get promoted to mod?

See what confuses me is that there are some mods like y-koron who have had like 200 posts and some like benkonobi who have had in the region of 8000 posts, so I can assume that it's nothing to with knowing the attitudes of the main players on this site and how the site works.

Do you need to show you are responsible, know the rules inside out or what?

The last thing the site needs is more mods to go with the too many there are already.

There are 17 Users listed in total that are considered mods.

And knowing the rules is a long way from actually enforcing them responsibly!

I'd actually get the site working properly before worrying about more mods, because it's the worst performing site on the net I certainly know of!!

Around the Network
valen200 said:
Some men are born with modhood some men achieve modhood, and some men have modhood thrust upon them.

That sounded really awkward.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I'm surprised that the "You need to hate Sony" comment has not appeared. You disappoint me VGC.

thekitchensink said:
@ Gebx: Do we know when the next round of mods will be picked? Also, do you have to do the things you mentioned to become a 'full' mod (as in posting news and stuff) or is that just for a forum moderator (who can warn/ban)?

Ioi did some mod cleaning when he announced the last two, so I doubt that any new mods will be picked for another couple months.

I think all mods can ban/post news but you'll have to ask them for verification.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

ItsaMii said:
valen200 said:

well, paraphrasing Shakespeare tends to be a  pain. It worked in Catch-22, but not here.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

valen200 said:
ItsaMii said:
valen200 said:

well, paraphrasing Shakespeare tends to be a  pain. It worked in Catch-22, but not here.

It's funny cause I could picture the Janitor saying that...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)