By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you become a mod on this site?

Not that I'm interested in applying (well I wouldn't say no if the position was offered too me), but what do you need to do to get promoted to mod?

See what confuses me is that there are some mods like y-koron who have had like 200 posts and some like benkonobi who have had in the region of 8000 posts, so I can assume that it's nothing to with knowing the attitudes of the main players on this site and how the site works.

Do you need to show you are responsible, know the rules inside out or what?

Around the Network

I imagine its a combination of knowing the rules and understanding how the sites work Also I imagine that if you were ever banned that ends any chance of becoming a mod. Responsibility comes into it as well I would assmue.

DSLover said:
I imagine its a combination of knowing the rules and understanding how the sites work Also I imagine that if you were ever banned that ends any chance of becoming a mod. Responsibility comes into it as well I would assmue.

False. ioi banned all the mods once.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
DSLover said:

False. ioi banned all the mods once.

why?

There's two types of mods: the ones that patrol the boards and the ones that handle the database and news posts (y-koron).

SSJ12 is an anomaly. I think he blackmailed ioi.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

@highwaystar101

One of the mods banned him.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

you know, I really wish the members had more of a say in who should be a mods.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

perhaps some sort of voting system

ClaudeLv250 said:
There's two types of mods: the ones that patrol the boards and the ones that handle the database and news posts (y-koron).

SSJ12 is an anomaly. I think he blackmailed ioi.

Ok, that makes sense, do you know how people got to that position then?

or hold some form of mod election