By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima is searching for a studio that will remake MGS1 in Fox Engine

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
green_sky said:

What was wrong with it? Am asking because that is the version of MGS1 i have played and it was pretty good.

The voices acting were ridiculous... the gameplay received ninja moviments lol... changed to first person shooter (ok you can still use the third person view) ... well they just destroyed the MGS feeling.

I see. Thanks for the reply. I loved all those things. I borrowed PS1 copy of the original from a friend and it felt so lackluster after playing Twin Snakes.

OT: I don't think i'll be rebuying this. There is only so much entertainment time one can spend on same old game with new fresh coat of paint. 

Around the Network

As with FF VII remake, I do not want this, sorry. First is dated but playable; a game from its time and I am happy with that.

JoeFlex said:
Xxain said:
JoeFlex said:
I DO NOT want PG to do it. They SUCK at story. More Cheese than Dominos Pizza. Let them keep Raiden since I don't care for his story and they're good at hack and slash.

*psst, Kojima productions wrote the story*

That may be true, but it doesn't alter the fact that the game they are behind fully are cheesy, nor does it alter the fact that their delivery is cring worthy.

With reference to Bayonetta, I know what you mean; but thats the style of the game they make. I don't love the style, but its their thing, and I like that they do their own thing. It works on its own level. Do I take it seriously? No. But do I find it fun, yeah, its an entertaining stlye.

ethomaz said:
green_sky said:

What was wrong with it? Am asking because that is the version of MGS1 i have played and it was pretty good.

The voices acting were ridiculous... the gameplay received ninja moviments lol... changed to first person shooter (ok you can still use the third person view) ... well they just destroyed the MGS feeling.

Even Kojima knows that and to the Legaly Collection put the PS1 version instead the Twin Snakes.

What's Ninja movement's?

A203D said:
JoeFlex said:
Xxain said:
JoeFlex said:
I DO NOT want PG to do it. They SUCK at story. More Cheese than Dominos Pizza. Let them keep Raiden since I don't care for his story and they're good at hack and slash.

*psst, Kojima productions wrote the story*

That may be true, but it doesn't alter the fact that the game they are behind fully are cheesy, nor does it alter the fact that their delivery is cring worthy.

With reference to Bayonetta, I know what you mean; but thats the style of the game they make. I don't love the style, but its their thing, and I like that they do their own thing. It works on its own level. Do I take it seriously? No. But do I find it fun, yeah, its an entertaining stlye.

Well said, and I'm in agreement. For those types of games they have their place. I really enjoyed Bayonetta and I didn't take it too seriously.

Around the Network

Microsoft. DO IT!

It's just that simple.

Xxain said:
Nem said:
The problem with the original MGS is that its a really short game by today's standards. Unless they somehow expand it, its gonna be a bit disappointing, though its my favorite in the series. I though the twin snakes was actually good.

huh? Every Metal Gear has the same time range in which it can be beaten. PW was the only MG that put the series WAY over the 40 hour mark.

You must have played a different game. MGS is on the 5 hour mark. The other ones are around 10 hours or more.

Nem said:
Xxain said:
Nem said:
The problem with the original MGS is that its a really short game by today's standards. Unless they somehow expand it, its gonna be a bit disappointing, though its my favorite in the series. I though the twin snakes was actually good.

huh? Every Metal Gear has the same time range in which it can be beaten. PW was the only MG that put the series WAY over the 40 hour mark.

You must have played a different game. MGS is on the 5 hour mark. The other ones are around 10 hours or more.

In all honesty, all the MGS games are short imo. I've beaten the great majority under 5 hours while doing speed runs. MGS4 is surprisingly short if you know what you're doing. A lot depends on your play style and how you approach enemies.

I loved the original Metal Gear Solid game, but I don't know if I want another remake of MGS1. I would much rather see MG1 & 2 remake than MGS again.

JacobRollin said:
I loved the original Metal Gear Solid game, but I don't know if I want another remake of MGS1. I would much rather see MG1 & 2 remake than MGS again.

+ 10! I have been saying that for YEARS. I'd much rather see a remake of those games. A young Snake (very naive) working under Big Boss and then (well ... you know the rest). I would gladly support remakes of those.