By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OUYA officially launched

My roommate just got his Ouya today. He seems pleased with it for what it does. I know why a lot of people here don't care, but clearly there are plenty who do. Too bad most (all?) of the sales are going to happen online so vgc can't track it.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

I am somewhat interested. I heard you can develop games for it and I would like to try that, but I don't really know how it works :/

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

It it any good? what can it emulate? ps2 games?

Ouya. Dead on arrival.

It's $99. It's priced like a China phone. You can't expect it to compete with even a PSVita. Apparently low budget entertainment isn't well received around here?

I will get one when it's available in my country, and I will develop games for it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
It it any good? what can it emulate? ps2 games?

Almost everything up to psx (this includes n64 but not saturn which is still a pita to emulate).

No, thanks~!!!!

At $99, it's almost a throwaway purchase; very little risk involved whether or not it pays off in entertainment value.

If there are even just a few exclusive games on it worth playing, or if there are a bunch of Android only games that cross my radar (I have an iPhone, not a Galaxy), it's worth it. It would almost be worth it for emulation alone. A really inexpensive box that uses up essentially zero power that automatically syncs with a game pad that is super portable and easy to hook up to any HDMI display; what's not to like?

I rarely use my overclocked gaming desktop PC because of the power draw and most of my computing tasks are just as easily handled on a quad MPB laptop that uses less power. For a lot of tasks that don't even require a desktop OS and apps, I won't even use a laptop and will just use a tablet.

So the whole "I'll just use my 750w desktop PC to run old games in emulation instead" is kind of pointless to me. Why would I even turn it on for something that could be handled on a $99 dongle?

Final Fantasy III looks really great on it. And it can function as a media player as well. I don't know, i'm kinda thinking about getting it now :P