By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - J-RPG inspired by Playstation classics-- Soul Saga Kickstarter $15 for a Wii U version.

EricFabian said:
oni-link said:
superchunk said:
Interesting. I just might support this endeavor for a Wii U code.

I know right...it kinda' reminds me of the original Chrono Trigger mixed with some old school Grandia from the DreamCast. Oh...fond memories indeed.

hell yeah! exactly

I'd pick up a game for $15 if it had half the charm of those 2 games. They don't build JRPG like they used to.  Final Fantasy games have become such a mockery of what they used to  be.

Around the Network

I like the style of it, but I'm too cheap to support. Unless I get a physical copy I'm not really interested, and $70 for a physical copy of a game that I have no certainty on whether it will be good or not is something I'm not going to pay.

I do like this guys passion for the genre and the kickstarter video actually makes me want to support the project, but yeah. For reasons above I'm just not going to.

It looks like it'll have no problems being supported though. It's already almost to its goal with 20 days left. If a physical copy is releases later in the future then I'll have no problem supporting it. If it turns out to be good, I'll be a little disappointed that I didn't support the limited physical release, but eh.

I did greenlight the game on Steam though.

this game looks great. i paid for it on wiiu a few days ago

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

kupomogli said:

I like the style of it, but I'm too cheap to support. Unless I get a physical copy I'm not really interested, and $70 for a physical copy of a game that I have no certainty on whether it will be good or not is something I'm not going to pay.

I do like this guys passion for the genre and the kickstarter video actually makes me want to support the project, but yeah. For reasons above I'm just not going to.

It looks like it'll have no problems being supported though. It's already almost to its goal with 20 days left. If a physical copy is releases later in the future then I'll have no problem supporting it. If it turns out to be good, I'll be a little disappointed that I didn't support the limited physical release, but eh.

I did greenlight the game on Steam though.

It's $15 to get a Wii U digital version, the same price as The Cave and $5 less than Trine 2.  It's a great deal.

Kickstarter increased by 3K today thanks with the Wii U going up by 20 backers as well. Thanks for all those who supported this endeavor SPREAD the WORD.

Around the Network

Seems pretty good. I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Inspired by PS classics... coming to Wii U. lol. Though I suppose it's fair enough, since they also mention Chrono Trigger, a SNES game. But they should aim for Vita and PS3/4 releases as well when they start getting to their stretch goals.

I hope it gets fully funded, it looks pretty nice. The Kickstarter generation is really taking off. Can't wait till all of these games start coming out.

If it came to ps vita I would support otherwise im not interested.

the_dengle said:
Inspired by PS classics... coming to Wii U. lol. Though I suppose it's fair enough, since they also mention Chrono Trigger, a SNES game. But they should aim for Vita and PS3/4 releases as well when they start getting to their stretch goals.

I hope it gets fully funded, it looks pretty nice. The Kickstarter generation is really taking off. Can't wait till all of these games start coming out.

Many indie devs have been quoted as saying that Nintendo and the Wii U eShop are the more approachable and best thing going, as far as consoles go, right now. One even went so far as to call the Wii U, post-Nintendo's change of philosophies, as the "steam of consoles". That's pretty high praise. And the major reason why I think Wii U will have the one advantage of getting the lion's share of great indie content for the digital side of things. They may lack the big publisher, 3rd party retail presence, but they can make up for that to some degree with great indie support for eShop. And personally, most indie games appeal to me a hell of a lot more than your typical "AAA" 3rd party fare these days anyway.

the_dengle said:

It is coming as a stretch goal for PS Vita!!!  I think the Vita's stretch goal is $80K so if you want it for that system you gotta bust out to support this one.