By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony should buy some Cloud service: I found a good one.

psrock said:
Turkish said:

You actually believe that

Dropping drm last week basically means cloud was a pointless feature, it was hilarious how MS advertised it, that cloud was absolutely a necessity to enjoy your games.

Are you questioning MS cloud service.  they have spent over 1 billion building it, whil Sony a mere 300 million. They may do the same thing but they are  different. One stream, the other beam.

well beam me aboard the hype train.

**frantically searching for the appropriate gif**

edit: nailed it.

Around the Network

All hail the mighty cloud azure! No one can stand before it!

psrock said:
Turkish said:
psrock said:
BanTiger said:
Sony already have there own cloud service - Gaikai

Sir, you are comparing two different cloud. I'm talking about the good cloud, the cloud that enhances you and your games. Seriously.

Dropping drm last week basically means cloud was a pointless feature, it was hilarious how MS advertised it, that cloud was absolutely a necessity to enjoy your games.

Are you questioning MS cloud service.  they have spent over 1 billion building it, whil Sony a mere 300 million. They may do the same thing but they are  different. One stream, the other beam.

What have they shown so far? Drivatar in Forza 5 thanks to the Cloud? lol

Nah, they would go with AWS. Isn't it supposed to be better in pretty much every way?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

psrock said:
Turkish said:
psrock said:
BanTiger said:

Sir, you are comparing two different cloud. I'm talking about the good cloud, the cloud that enhances you and your games. Seriously.

Cloud computing is a joke. The numbers simply don't work. There might be some light workloads done server side, in games with dedicated servers but thats it. Any serious computational workload done server side, would mean terraflops of processing power. Someone has to pay for that power, the hardware, the electricity bill. Your 60 dollars a year ain't gonna cut it.

And as a side note. You would be surprised at how many flagship games of the Xbox 360 don't have dedicated servers. Gears of War 3 is the first that comes to mind. Oh how many times my game had to reset, because the "host" had left...

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
Nah, they would go with AWS. Isn't it supposed to be better in pretty much every way?

That's just you and 90% of people opinion, and frankly I don't  see it that way. I like the marketed cloud, it just seem so much better, cleaner too. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Osc89 said:

That's just you and 90% of people opinion, and frankly I don't  see it that way. I like the marketed cloud, it just seem so much better, cleaner too. 

I don't actually know. It's what you pretty much always hear though (and this is outside of console debates). I'd be concerned that Microsoft are pushing something inferior just because they own it. Like Bing or Internet Explorer.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

psrock said:
BanTiger said:

Yes, lets join the MS propaganda party. MS and Respawn made up a bullshit lie that Titan Fall was exclusive because of Microsofts cloud features, yet the question remains as to why the 360 has it if that is the case. We all know MS moneyhatted them a long time ago before Titan Fall was ever announced. Sonys cloud features can already accomplish what Gaikai was doing and if the 360 is getting the game theres no reason the PS4 shouldn't. 

Apple has the best cloud services...it's well known. sony doesn't need anything from micro.

It's over 300,000!!!