By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Reggie the coolest President of all game companies?

Who is the coolest?

Reggie Fils-Aime 164 52.56%

Jack Tretton 25 8.01%

Kazuo Hirai 117 37.50%

Don Mattrick 6 1.92%

Total:312

Shu Yoshida. Any other answer is crazy talk.

EDIT: Shu Yoshida not being an option in that poll is a crime.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

My body is ready .... that is all.

Dgc1808 said:

Shu Yoshida. Any other answer is crazy talk.

EDIT: Shu Yoshida not being an option in that poll is a crime.

badgenome beat you to it then again you most likely where checking Shu  out on twitter

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I'll try to be unbiased. In terms of 'cool' I gotta give to Reggie - he is a real video game fan - did you all see the video Nintendo uploaded to youtube about Reggie showing off his Animal Crossing House? It was honestly adorable. Reggie always was a huge gamer.

Kaz Hirai is really mean and a bully. That's not really 'cool' imo

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

LOL at some of these answers.

Of the choices given, I would say Reggie by a mile. Because he seems like an actual gamer and comes off as more genuine. YES he does "PR speak", but then again a PR guy, what else would you EXPECT him to do?

At the end of the day, Reggie is cool because it's obvious he actually likes games, and the ACTUAL main President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, is cool because he's the ONLY big video game company head, to my knowledge, that was actually involved in MAKING games. He's not just some business major made good. He was a programmer for HAL for most of his career, and Helped create lots of beloved titles like Adventures of Lolo, Kirby, Earthbound, and the original Smash Bros. Meaning he actually understands video games, gaming, and most importantly, the fans. When other company heads talk, you get the impression they are just operating from talking points. When Iwata talks, I trust that the motherfucker knows what he's saying, because he's actually MADE games himself, and truly understands the business.

Around the Network

Reggie..... hands down

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Kaz will win this one.

No Kaz in the pool... WTF.

Kaz is a total jerk... Don failed miserably lately...
So yah, Reggie.

I think the people needs to see more Kaz in action.