By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict SSBB US launch numbers

I guess Nintendo will ship atleast 1.5 million units to stores after what happened in Japan. I'm predicting that number will not be enough and SSBB will be virtually sold out. Small ques will form on the streets on launch day and Nintendo will ship an extra 500k during launch week to meet demand. This will be my official number in the prediction league: 1.950.500 Call me a fool or not, I'll bet 500vg$ on this prediction. A big gamble? Or a wise move?

Around the Network

2,500,000 assuming supply is infinite, on week 1.

Anything less and we'll be sold out. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

1.5 million sounds right for the first week.

Japan sold 1 million with an install base of 5 million.

I conservatively predict 1.5 million in the US since it has an install base of 9 million in the first week.

Though this figure doesn't count people who buy a Wii specifically for the purpose of SSBB. This might create a spike in system sales too.

That's a bold statement ZenfoldorVGI. Glad someone has the balls to predict over 2 million.

For some reason I think it may be less then japan first day sales. Not a lot less but less maybe 500k range or 300k first day. The first week tho might be 600k-700k or so. Japan just seems crazy for the games, like so many taking off work for ssbb, don't think ssbb is hyped that much here to make people do that, also maybe supply constraint.

Around the Network

That Guy: considering Japan has a bigger casual market compared to US, the home of the hardcore. I really think SSBB should outsell Japan launch numbers by a much bigger margin!

A lot.

Given the possibility of supply constraints, that's the best I can do. :P

Edit: Fine, I'll say something more substantial.  Given little to no supply problems, 1.8 mil. first day, 2.3 mil. first week. 

1 million in us

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

1,750,000 first week and 700,00 first day

Frozen said:
1 million in us

One week ban bet? I say it'll be over 1 mill, you say under?

Your sig means u is gay, in American.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.