By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple’s iPhone 5S revealed in leaked photos

Well, there is currently way less media attention now to Iphones than it was in the past. Even journalists realized that Apple is just evolution, not revolution. It is still a good smartphone but the hype was at unappropriate levels before and is down to "couldn't care less" it seems.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
MoHasanie said:
Looks exactly the same, but probably a bigger screen.
I think I'll just sell my Iphone 5 and get a Windows phone. I do like the Iphone a lot but it gets so boring after a while.

No bigger screen please...

No its needs a 4.5 inch screen. Anything bigger than that though is bad and looks and feels wierd. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

dahuman said:
People still caring about the iPhone is a phenomenon I will never understand since the competition has caught up and surpassed it since the 3GS(was great for it's time, still sitting in my drawer.)

Because I have spent too much on iOS now. It's a platform that I've already invested too much in to switch.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ethomaz said:

You are right... sorry.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EB-B600BUBESTA

The issue witht he manage of battery with others phones is the Android... technically speaking it runs over a Java virtual machine that needs to be running all the time so the stand by state in the non-Android OSs is better and take less baterry (less use of the cpu = less baterry).

The Android team make good progress over that but miracles won't happen.

True but I still get full day's usage out of my Nexus 4.

In reality I see my iPhone friends plug their phones in just as often as anyone else. (as long as you're not comparing the first year LTE phones, those LTE radios killed shit)

Figured it would be same design with  minor upgrades in CPU/GPU. Glad they are adding a bigger battery. Should of done that with iPhone 5 as it added LTE and that in itself takes more powah. My iBuddies will be interested to see it all.

Also for those of you not on iOS7... since so many of the new items have been in Android for awhile now.. you'll greatly like them. This isn't meant as a jab either, Android has copied plenty of iOS things too like its still in process single chat/sms system hangouts. Can't wait for SMS to finally be included in that. Of course hangouts allows video calls anywhere and accross devices... but still the single chat app solution is so much nicer.

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
People still caring about the iPhone is a phenomenon I will never understand since the competition has caught up and surpassed it since the 3GS(was great for it's time, still sitting in my drawer.)

Because I have spent too much on iOS now. It's a platform that I've already invested too much in to switch.

Ouch.

Around the Network

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S2. I will get a new phone this year and I will try to get a Nokia Windows phone. That might be a little bit difficult, because my employer pays the phone.

And the reason behind it is that I just want to see something else. Android / iOS have the same UI to me. It is just a list of apps.

I don't really care about specs either. Who cares if a phone has a dual core or quad core CPU? Does this influence my fotmob soccer scores app? Not really. Sometimes I really wonder what people actually do with their phones if they really feel the need to upgrade because of the specs.

Or the screen. HD Ready on 4" should be more than enough, but apparently it is not. You must hav Full HD to watch those 4.3mb compromised WhatsApp-videos...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:

Just out of curiosity... is it just music and movies or are you deep in specific paid apps?

Because you can transfer everything else to Android except apps.

I use just about everything google. Chrome, Drive, Play All Access, Gmail. But I just havent found a android phone that works as well as my iPhone.

I really hope Google makes good with motorola and just starts making their own phones and bigger than 16 gb.

steverhcp02 said:
I use just about everything google. Chrome, Drive, Play All Access, Gmail. But I just havent found a android phone that works as well as my iPhone.

I really hope Google makes good with motorola and just starts making their own phones and bigger than 16 gb.

Have you used a Nexus phone? My Google Nexus and now Nexus 4 have all been amazing devices.

superchunk said:
steverhcp02 said:

Have you used a Nexus phone? My Google Nexus and now Nexus 4 have all been amazing devices.

I was seriously considering a nexus 4 but it only has 16gb and i would need more to maintain my apps and music. I researched it and all my apps besides a couple games are on Play. Only 16gb though isnt enough.

I would MAYBE consider the upcoming naked S4. Thats my only beef I wish google made a consistant UI like how they had LG for Nexus 4 across more androids.

Now that they own motorola im really hoping this changes. But now iOS7 is looking good too and if google releases a Play All Access app i will be set.