By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Winning 2008 Console!!!! - Games Edition

I want to thank daactualfact for helping me come up with this contest, thanks man.

As we all know to any true gamer it's the games that matter not how much profit is being made or how many systems are being sold.  So with that in mind here's the true contest for "The Winning 2008 Console!!!! - Games Edition" which is based completely on games.

Contest:  For January 2008 - December 2008 we will keep track of the highest scoring games on a monthly basis.  The console that has the most number of months in which the highest scoring game for the month appears on that system wins the title for 2008.

Rules: 1) The console with the highest rated game for the month will get a one point for that month.  2) If two different games tie then the console(s) that have at least one of the games get a point  3)If the highest rated game is multiplatform then all systems that the game appears on gets a point as long as the score difference between versions isn't greater than 2%.  Any console versions that scores more than 2 points less than the top scoring version doesn't get a point.  4) Scores will come from Game Rankings.

So with all that out of the way lets get ready to brawl!

Current Scores:

360: 1
PS3: 1
Wii: 0

Jan: Xbox 360 - 1 point, PS3 - 1 point, top scoring game: Burnout Paradise (88% GameRankings)
Feb: (current highest scoring game: DMC4 (86% GameRankings)
Mar:
Apr:
May:
Jun:
Jul:
Aug:
Sep:
Oct:
Nov:
Dec:

Around the Network

Rez Hd on the 360 has 90,9 %.

[

dude this doesn't make sense because wii doesn't really get the same multiplats 360 and ps3 does.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

i agree ^^.. REZ HD deserves a point

thibje said:
Rez Hd on the 360 has 90,9 %.

Should we include XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare titles?

Around the Network

you should make it easier.

Every game that gets more than 80% is worth one point.

SSBB have 40/40 in Famitsu

I dont think you should include online games, the reason for this is because then we have to keep track of every single PSN, XBL, and as well as VC game that comes out.

Lets just stay with retail copies like vgchartz.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

what do u mean by "highly rated"? 85% or higher?

MANUELF said:
SSBB have 40/40 in Famitsu

I just checked Game Rankings and apparently Famitsu isn't carried on there :(