pichu_pichu said:
it would be fairer if you started from april to december 2007

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 01st Apr 2007 to 30th Dec 2007:

ConsolePS3X360
Total

Around the Network

its actually a statistical tie...

theshoe23 said:
Ok, and this isn't about the Wii, for Christ sake, not EVERYTHING on this site is about the damned Wii.

The Wii still outsold them both.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Well not to be the guy to break it to you but, according to this article I recently found:

http://www.gameblews.com/?p=6116

The playstation 3 outsold the xbox 360 in 2007.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Thats shipped though. This guy is spinning numbers he doesnt have a fair comparison.

Around the Network
zackblue said:
Well not to be the guy to break it to you but, according to this article I recently found:

http://www.gamercastnetwork.com/forums/showthread.php?p=143415

The playstation 3 outsold the xbox 360 in 2007.

Not even going to read it, but I'm guessing their comparing shipments.... MS stuffed the shipment channels in Dec 06 to make their 10.0 million console target (they later announced they shipped 10.4 mill). According to Vgcharts, only 8 million where actually sold. That's 2.4 million extra consoles sitting on store shelves, all the stores had to sell their inventory before getting new shipments. 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

To sum up:

Sony shipped more PS3's in 2007.
MS sold more X360's in 2007.

Don't get it or still trying to debate it, find a brick wall and ram your head against it repeatedly.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

PS3 has been outselling 360 WW since early December. Its great that MS won in 2007, but thats the last time it will beat any console in the WW sales. And to add 1 other thing, 360 had some amazing games in 2007. PS3 really didn't have any great exclusives. So I would hope that 360 could at least pull off the win. 2008 will be a different story. :)

Thanks gebx, so according to VGChartz, the 360 outsold the PS3 by a small margin (Tie to some fans), but if the PS3 was the one on the lead:

da 360 is getting pwned by da PS3!!!!!!!

So, numbers don't lie, Sony is not winning, is only catching up...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Ok ... the PS3 has been outselling the 360 WW for almost 2 months. Cool. As I stated, folks should wait until April - and the lean months - and see what happens. Hats off to MS for going nearly 2 years with just one price cut. For Sony to reach that point, they had to sell a company, roll out 2 new skus, axe 3 of them and use two last-gen consoles/handhelds to help their division along.

I do think retailers should do surveys asking folks why they are buying PS3s - for gaming or to watch Blu Rays. I bet there are more buying it for Blu Ray than for gaming.

Regardless, the Wii is owning eurybody ...