By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FACT: 360 outsold the PS3 in 2007 - vgchart numbers

Yeah, there are a few "ifs". But looking at that graph, Europeans got what they wanted in 2007 and after initial demand sated, the PS3 dropped to 360-esque levels.

Just four weeks after launch, it had dropped to sub-40k levels for total others. That's not the type of numbers you use to negate an almost 600k launch week just 11 weeks into the year (600/11 = around 54.5k a week).

Either way, the numbers don't change much and that's ignoring the other strong initial launch weeks the PS3 had in other regions ( 113k, 76k, 58k in the following weeks).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

@ zackblue )

that's comparing the shipments for each console

in reality the 360 sold 500k more in 2007 and I would be shocked , if it didn't, because the 360 had superb software support (not my taste though) throughout the whole year

well , the PS3 won the christmas sales and still is beating the 360 on a weekly basis , so we have a trend ,that supports the believe , that the PS3 will do quite a bit better than the 360 in 2008

Does anyone actually care which sold more?

gebx said:
PooperScooper said:
360 vs. PS3 2007 isnt Fair competition. PS3 had minus 3 months in others. It came out march 23rd there. I'm sure if it was available Jan 1 - march 23 it would have sold 500,000 more units.

Fine add the average consoles sold in the Spring/Summer without the launch number and you'll get a 30k average. Multiply that by the number of weeks from Jan 1 to March 23 (12 weeks). That equals  360,000 units... you still lose.

Who are the you in 'you lose'?  Is there some tournament in consoles I wasn't aware of that defines winners and losers?

Also, what is the actual point of your post?  Are you stating that based on numbers you expect PS3 year two to be better than 360 year two?  Are you saying you think this shows 360 is building a lead PS3 can't catch?

Oh and to all the Wii outsold everything comments - the DS beat yah!  Oh wait, same company...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@ superwrxsti )

if people didn't care , this site wouldn't exist

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
gebx said:
PooperScooper said:
360 vs. PS3 2007 isnt Fair competition. PS3 had minus 3 months in others. It came out march 23rd there. I'm sure if it was available Jan 1 - march 23 it would have sold 500,000 more units.

Fine add the average consoles sold in the Spring/Summer without the launch number and you'll get a 30k average. Multiply that by the number of weeks from Jan 1 to March 23 (12 weeks). That equals  360,000 units... you still lose.

Who are the you in 'you lose'?  Is there some tournament in consoles I wasn't aware of that defines winners and losers?

Also, what is the actual point of your post?  Are you stating that based on numbers you expect PS3 year two to be better than 360 year two?  Are you saying you think this shows 360 is building a lead PS3 can't catch?

Oh and to all the Wii outsold everything comments - the DS beat yah!  Oh wait, same company...

The "you lose" comment was about the argument. And the whole point of this thread was to clear any misconceptions on the fact that the 360 outsold the PS3 in 2007. I created this so that PS3 fanboys (including mods) started saying that the PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Reasonable said:
gebx said:
PooperScooper said:

The "you lose" comment was about the argument. And the whole point of this thread was to clear any misconceptions on the fact that the 360 outsold the PS3 in 2007. I created this so that PS3 fanboys (including mods) started saying that the PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007.

Ah, okay I see now.  Fair point. 

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

That Guy said:
I am a Marioboys

Again marioboyS are plural. But hey, apparently I'm a marioboy too (I bought SMG) so we are 2 marioboys.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

if you want to get technical, the wii did outsell both the ps3 and xbox360.

in fact -according to here- the wii outsold the ps3 and the 360 combined.

same dates wii : 16,364,000 (rounded up)