By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft lost another war against Sony after HD DVD fiasco

fordy said:
Hynad said:
fordy said:
Can you trust Sony, who have a vested interest on keeping media on BluRay, and will trump up any kind of move to cloud based media as bad, even if it's on their competitor's platform?

The heck are you on about. Gaikai is cloud based media. And will be available on the PS4. 

Fail..

Read the rest of the thread. Somebody else already fell into this trap.

I just need to go with your history of trashing Sony, and that's more than enough.

Around the Network
Wright said:

> Freedomland as a nick.

> A Sony-related avatar.

> PS4 signature.

> Downplay something Microsoft related.

Well, hum, I guess I have to put in doubt your credibility.

that lol

fordy said:
bananaking21 said:
fordy said:

Where did I say that?

Of course Sony is going to tout it's OWN cloud-based technology, it OWNS Gaikai, but tell me where Sony is profiting from Microsoft's cloud platform, unlike the money it gets from Microsoft for putting it's media on BluRay.

You don't think that Sony DOESN'T have a vested interest in Microsoft selling more physical BluRay discs? Who does that make the ignorant one?

so basically your first post was saying that we shouldnt trust sony because they didnt want people to move to microsofts cloud? such monsters.

sony invested a lot in blueray and made a great product with it. just because microsoft fucked up its own online strategy and has to use a product sony helped create doesnt mean we have to hate sony for it. they are a business after all, but they arent the ones who tried to fuck us over, unlike MS

I'm saying that Sony is touting itself up as being the "hero" of the gaming industry by not going the way of DRM, and using the wave of uproar against Microsoft for it's own personal gain in the BluRay market.

Sony invested a lot in BluRay in ways that should be classed as anti-competitive. Read up on exclusitivity contracts that Sony signed with movie studios whike HD-DVD was the market LEADER! The people had spoken, but Sony used it's funds to push the market to it's advantage and muscle HD-DVD out of the market. How is that "a great product" again? It's quite funny how you're defending Sony's honesty with an example of how they've used capital corruption to buy their way into the market leadership. Try again.

The same kinds of deals were signed from both sides. Be it BluRay or HD-DVD.

Try again.

Hynad said:
fordy said:
Hynad said:
fordy said:
Can you trust Sony, who have a vested interest on keeping media on BluRay, and will trump up any kind of move to cloud based media as bad, even if it's on their competitor's platform?

The heck are you on about. Gaikai is cloud based media. And will be available on the PS4. 

Fail..

Read the rest of the thread. Somebody else already fell into this trap.

I just need to go with your history of trashing Sony, and that's more than enough.

The fact that I point out faults of Sony that a largely ignorant crowd would happily ignore does not make me just a "Sony basher". If you've noticed on previous threads, I've bashed both Microsoft and Nintendo for mistakes of their own. The fact that you dismiss it so readily make it seem that you're afraid to actually argue the claims that have been laid out, instead choosing to take the easy road of "oh well he's just a Sony basher". Rather pathetic, really...

Since the one who previously fell into this same trap couldn't answer it, I'll ask you, do yoy think that Sony DOESN'T have a vested interest in Microsoft selling more media on BluRay than it's established cloud platform?

Hynad said:
fordy said:
bananaking21 said:
fordy said:

Where did I say that?

Of course Sony is going to tout it's OWN cloud-based technology, it OWNS Gaikai, but tell me where Sony is profiting from Microsoft's cloud platform, unlike the money it gets from Microsoft for putting it's media on BluRay.

You don't think that Sony DOESN'T have a vested interest in Microsoft selling more physical BluRay discs? Who does that make the ignorant one?

so basically your first post was saying that we shouldnt trust sony because they didnt want people to move to microsofts cloud? such monsters.

sony invested a lot in blueray and made a great product with it. just because microsoft fucked up its own online strategy and has to use a product sony helped create doesnt mean we have to hate sony for it. they are a business after all, but they arent the ones who tried to fuck us over, unlike MS

I'm saying that Sony is touting itself up as being the "hero" of the gaming industry by not going the way of DRM, and using the wave of uproar against Microsoft for it's own personal gain in the BluRay market.

Sony invested a lot in BluRay in ways that should be classed as anti-competitive. Read up on exclusitivity contracts that Sony signed with movie studios whike HD-DVD was the market LEADER! The people had spoken, but Sony used it's funds to push the market to it's advantage and muscle HD-DVD out of the market. How is that "a great product" again? It's quite funny how you're defending Sony's honesty with an example of how they've used capital corruption to buy their way into the market leadership. Try again.

The same kinds of deals were signed from both sides. Be it BluRay or HD-DVD.

Try again.

As I mentioned before, the war was between Toshiba (an electronics manufacturer) and Sony (an electronics/media conglomerate). Can you show me where Sony's studios once supported HD-DVD at one stage? Also, it doesn't avoid the fact that in situations of studios supporting both formats, the market was more in favor of HD-DVD, with more standalone units being sold, as well as available media, due to it's lower cost. 

So are you trying to show justification to studios playing market god and deciding on one format over market favor? That's a rather pathetic standpoint, standing up for a corporate entity like that, over the consumer marketplace...