By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Things in Video Games that scared you as a kid?

Tagged games:

The Last of Us intro last night. Watching it at 2 in the morning made me not want to go outside

Around the Network
weaveworld said:
LemonSlice said:

Those damn guillotines in Prince of Persia. I was terrified as a young boy around six.

I was a little older, i'd call them frustrating but i hear ya.

It's how the screen flashes that really made me jump.

Kinda weird but, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES.

The part before your fight the big Mouser, where you have to drop down a few levels as quickly as possible as spike walls on both side are coming closer to you. That part was always scary for me to play and got my heart racing every time.

Halloween Town in Kingdom Hearts...I still played it and got 100% and what have you, but I always tried to make my visit to that area as short as possible.

Around the Network

Opening of doors in Resident Evil (PSX)

I lived in an apartment building and there were large doors dividing the sections of the building. It was so quiet in the building that it reminded me of opening the doors in Resident Evil because during the majority of those events the music was off and it just had the sound effects of the door opening and then closing.

Even turning the knob sent shivers down my spine.

The original Resident Evil was the first game that I recall that scared me from time to time, from the dogs jumping through the windows, to the creaking of the doors, I had to have my friend sit there and watch while I played it because I didn't want to play it alone, lol.

Majora's Maks, the whole game
The zombies in Ocarina of Time,
When you die in Super Mario 64 and Bowser says: "ho ho ho ho ho"
The endless stairs in Super Mario 64, I had nightmares with those stairs

Boutros said:

Fuck! I was scared of water for a lot of time due to that snake, damm snake, I'll sleep in mom's room tonight...