By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSA: Don't update your PS3 just yet (firmware)

walsufnir said:
think-man said:
walsufnir said:
This happens quite often, iirc... Seems there testing-team needs some more talented people.

Strange, I don't remember the last time ps3's were bricking from updates.

Got any links?

Sure, here is one: http://gizmodo.com/5021399/playstation-3-firmware-24-bricking-some-ps3s

Aw thats why I don't remember it was in 08 before I brought mine.

Around the Network

I updated. I was thinking to myself then, "there's probably going to be an issue with the updates, since people are always complaining after updating, that their console has been bricked."

But, there was me thinking... I've had this thing since 2007, and hasn't happened yet, I should be fine. Downloaded the update. Played Tekken Revolution for a while after the update, and went to sleep. I've just now discovered this bad news.

I have a 300GB HDD. It's not the original hard drive. I'm safe, you guys! No need to worry 'bout me!

think-man said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:
walsufnir said:
This happens quite often, iirc... Seems there testing-team needs some more talented people.

Got any links?

Sure, here is one: http://gizmodo.com/5021399/playstation-3-firmware-24-bricking-some-ps3s

No problem but look at my post again :) There were several issues with ps3-updates.

walsufnir said:
think-man said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:
walsufnir said:

Got any links?

No problem but look at my post again :) There were several issues with ps3-updates.

Oh yeh, the John Kennedy one sounds very minor and was probably only heard about because he was sueing Sony (most likely isolated case)

The other one is quite interesting, only targeting fat ps3's. I think I actually remember hearly about that one now that you mention it. But so is the way with most these issues you usually here about them but never know a single person who is affected, thats how small they usually are.

We were in the middle of downloading it on our PS3s at my house when we read a tweet from PS3T last night that claimed a bricking issue. We cancelled it immediately!

Around the Network
think-man said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:
walsufnir said:

Got any links?

Oh yeh, the John Kennedy one sounds very minor and was probably only heard about because he was sueing Sony (most likely isolated case)

The other one is quite interesting, only targeting fat ps3's. I think I actually remember hearly about that one now that you mention it. But so is the way with most these issues you usually here about them but never know a single person who is affected, thats how small they usually are.

Yeah, that's what we here on forums... "Don't know anybody". I don't know one person with RROD but this doesn't change facts :)

CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:
CGI-Quality said:

Just updated a few hours ago. No issues.

This doesn't help the people who have issues. Even if all ps-fans here write "no issues" here doesn't mean there are none.

I can't help someone that had issues nor did I deny, anywhere, that nobody else had any. I'm putting it out there that I didn't.

And I am happy for you didn't!

CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:
CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:

This doesn't help the people who have issues. Even if all ps-fans here write "no issues" here doesn't mean there are none.

I can't help someone that had issues nor did I deny, anywhere, that nobody else had any. I'm putting it out there that I didn't.

And I am happy for you didn't!

Although I wasn't looking for your approval, cool. 

Who says I am not cool and nice?!

Updated mine and worked fine. For those that got bricked, does it brick right away?

Like, since I've already updated and worked, can mine still brick?

V-r0cK said:
Updated mine and worked fine. For those that got bricked, does it brick right away?

Like, since I've already updated and worked, can mine still brick?

no, post-update bricks weren't reported. if it happens it's not necessarily because of the update.