By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next-gen Ww millionsellers as of 02Feb 2008.

The big 3 actually have quite similar attach rates if you take things into account such as; how long its been out, install base and overall number of games released for it.
This is not counting Wiisports or Wiiplay of course...

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
The big 3 actually have quite similar attach rates if you take things into account such as; how long its been out, install base and overall number of games released for it.

Unfair much? Why not to include Wii Play is beyond comprehension. Besides, Wii Sports is not bundled in Japan and is already a multi million seller there. But ok, we don't count them, then let's not count Resistance, Motorstorm, Forza 2, Ultimate Alliance, Viva Piniata, etc etc.

In short: no.

They do? Judging by million sellers only.

Wii: 61.5M/21M=2.92/14months=0.209
Ps3: 12.6/9.6=1.3/12months(due to Europe) = 0.109
X360: 68/17=4/26?months=0.153.

I know, this isn't a totally fair comparison.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Mummelmann said:

Technically if you go by average time each user has owned their system, the attach rate goes Wii > PS3 > 360, and that's not counting Wii Sports. Wii Sports still sold almost 1.5 million in Japan without being packed in with anything. That's 4 times the highest selling PS3 game in Japan. Wii Play absolutely should be counted, even as a budget game. I have played over 20 hours of Wii Play, and it wasn't free to do so. People need to grow up and stop crying about Wii Play. Write Sony and tell them to release some budget games.

Oh, and Motorstorm had only sold 900K copies before it was packed in. *gasp* it's not a real million seller! Burn the Witch!

Oyvoyvoyv said:
They do? Judging by million sellers only.

Wii: 61.5M/21M=2.92/14months=0.209
Ps3: 12.6/9.6=1.3/12months(due to Europe) = 0.109
X360: 68/17=4/26?months=0.153.

I know, this isn't a totally fair comparison.

It's really not a fair comparison at all, since the 360 has A LOT of software that is below a million, while the Wii and PS3 have less software that is less than a million. The 360 gets a hand up due to it being out longer so it should have more million sellers, simply because even if a game only sells 10,000 units a week, in a year that game will sell half a million units. This isn't the case for some games, but if a games at 0.9 million, it only need 2k a week to get to a million in a year. So the extra year is a definite advantage for the 360. But at the same time, to not include software totals that are less than a million really favors the PS3 and Wii.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Mummelmann said:

Technically if you go by average time each user has owned their system, the attach rate goes Wii > PS3 > 360, and that's not counting Wii Sports.  Wii Sports still sold almost 1.5 million in Japan without being packed in with anything.  That's 4 times the highest selling PS3 game in Japan.  Wii Play absolutely should be counted, even as a budget game.  I have played over 20 hours of Wii Play, and it wasn't free to do so.  People need to grow up and stop crying about Wii Play.  Write Sony and tell them to release some budget games. 

Warhawk and PSN games are their only budget games, although they are launching the best of playstation 3 rrange in Japan soon, with resistance, gundam, folksoul and a few others

naznatips said:
Mummelmann said:

Technically if you go by average time each user has owned their system, the attach rate goes Wii > PS3 > 360, and that's not counting Wii Sports. Wii Sports still sold almost 1.5 million in Japan without being packed in with anything. That's 4 times the highest selling PS3 game in Japan. Wii Play absolutely should be counted, even as a budget game. I have played over 20 hours of Wii Play, and it wasn't free to do so. People need to grow up and stop crying about Wii Play. Write Sony and tell them to release some budget games.

Oh, and Motorstorm had only sold 900K copies before it was packed in. *gasp* it's not a real million seller! Burn the Witch!

I've heard a buzz of Namco Museum titles among others, so they're inbound. There was also talk about being able to play the original Warhawk, Gran Turismo 1 (or parts of it) and other classic PS games through Home, but I haven't heard any more about it.

About Wiiplay; yeah maybe it should be counted, but I feel that games bundled with a controller when you can't buy multiple controllers with the machine itself constitues a status much like Wiisports. Then again, looking at Wiiplay sales, only about half of the Wii owners do buy it... It seems you got my point none the less, though, and I meant no harm by not including Wiiplay. 

DMC4 should be the PS3's 9th million seller.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

^
Indeed. That game really shook the Japan market a lot more than I imagined, it'll be fun to see how it fares in Eu/Others and NA!

^^'' That is interesting.

I wonder if Wii can reach 38 million sellers after two years :).

oh and how will the Wii port of PES do?