By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-04-23/ 2007-04-29

y-koron said:

Super Paper Mario (Wii) : about 80k?

Big Brain Academy (Wii) : about 40k

Wii : about 75k

Boo... disapointing. Was hoping the Wii would hit at least 100k. Paper Mario sales are ok - not great. Still a 50% drop from last week - should be higher for Golden Week :P

And BBA... very disapointing. Hopefully it will have legs, but was hoping for a lot more (100k+).

Maybe Japan is so DS crazy, there aint room for any other devices in the market... will see when DQ:S comes out. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:
y-koron said:

Super Paper Mario (Wii) : about 80k?

Big Brain Academy (Wii) : about 40k

Wii : about 75k

Boo... disapointing. Was hoping the Wii would hit at least 100k. Paper Mario sales are ok - not great. Still a 50% drop from last week - should be higher for Golden Week :P
And BBA... very disapointing. Hopefully it will have legs, but was hoping for a lot more (100k+).
Maybe Japan is so DS crazy, there aint room for any other devices in the market... will see when DQ:S comes out. 

golden week has not started yet (well it has now, but not by 29th).

Having 50% sales on second week is very good, usually it will drop off by 75% or more.  Many games sell half of their lifetime sales in the first week. 

I agree BBA sales are very dissapointing.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

According to GAF Nintendo has been holding back WII stock for Golden week for about the last six weeks (at least, that is what they claimed every weeK). So it should have done about at least 400k imo. Gaf full of crap as usual. Of course, I already know not to trust them as they always come up with some BS for less than exemplary Nintendo numbers.

BBA is not the same franchise as Brain Training, they are different franchises both published by Nintendo, Brain Training is far more popular than BBA, also while 40K isn't amazing, its important to note that the first brain training on DS did about that lvel its first week Will VGchartz still have a weekly update to its sales data for japan, even though its golden week in Japan?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

sharky said:
According to GAF Nintendo has been holding back WII stock for Golden week for about the last six weeks (at least, that is what they claimed every weeK). So it should have done about at least 400k imo. Gaf full of crap as usual. Of course, I already know not to trust them as they always come up with some BS for less than exemplary Nintendo numbers.

Well we don't know the numbers for golden week yet, we'll know that next week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

wow incredible DS. the dslite has passed the 10 mill now. and combined they have like 16.6 mill

sharky said:

it's not golden week.....golden week starts may 1st, this chart ended on april 29th.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Sales of both PS2 and PS3 remained calm and stable last week, some report said. My guess is around 12-15k. Last week it was PS2:12k and PS3:13K. 

Last Week, sinobi said "Wii : about 65k", then media-creates said, finally, wii = 77k. (and It was the same the week before) So I really think Wii could be about 85k, according media creates, this week.

johnsobas said:
sharky said:

it's not golden week.....golden week starts may 1st, this chart ended on april 29th.

Ahh, that explains it. So why are the charts for the (last) week delayed then?

The numbers are then quite solid if pre-Golden Week. Can't wait to see how they turn out. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099