By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - your thoughts on man of steel (spoliers)

I personally loved this movie. It's a superhero movie from Zack Snyder so obviously I was expecting tons of CGI. Some of them were pretty good (like the explosion of planet krypton). The fight scenes are what pulled me to this movie. Despite being blurry and fast they were incredible and reminded me of DBZ: fast, over the top and epic as hell! Especially the scene was Zod and Superman were crushing into multiple buildings. Some Soundtracks were nice (Hans Zimmer!). it added a nice taste to the emotional scenes.

It’s not a perfect movie though because of lots of stupid logic. Lois is still a damsel in distress (can't argue about that though), superman crashes tons of buildings to save humanity and Clark’s father gets sucked by a hurricane because of a dog and there's still more. Also, the movie jumps between young and old Clark in a random way which may be confusing. 

Man of steel is good, but don’t expect a smart, intelligent storyline from it.  Instead, if you want to see superman being super (reeaally super! ) then you may admire it.

btw: I never watched Smallville or read the comics so I don't know much about Superman's universe...