By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - your thoughts on man of steel (spoliers)

What did people think of man of steel? I want this thread to be for people that have seen the movie. I thought it was pretty good overall. Not my favorite comic book movie,but it was pretty solid. I did'nt much care for the look and feel of the start of the movie. I felt like you were in some kind of RPG fantasy. I thought how louise lane meets superman was kind of odd. I did'nt really care for that introduction,but that story arc seemed to get better,especially when he starts working for the daily planet at the end of the movie. The movie does kind of drag alittle bit in the middle of the movie,but it picks up big time toward the 3rd act. I thought the cast was excellent,execept for general zod. The actor's performance was'nt bad,but it just felt kind of weak 2 me. I thought the flying parts and the special  effects were great. You could obviously tell some of it was CGI,but it was pretty dam impressive CGI. I have to give the movie a solid 8/10. It's not a perfect movie and has some slight flaws in it,but I thought it was a pretty solid effort.

Around the Network

Best superman movie to date.

Special effects were superb.

Faora(female villain) was amazing!

I didn't feel much drag. The start bits could have been fast tracked a bit.

Not good, not bad, too many plot holes and shit that made no sense, the scripting, directing, and cutting all needed more work. Maybe an extended edition with all the missing pieces?

By my complaints, I mean shit like Superman doesn't really need to breath since he's a battery cell for the yellow sun and you can clearly tell because he was beyond earth orbit in many parts of the movie without problems, so the whole movie was already thrown out the fucking window. The other obvious one was that while the black hole was sucking everything in, Lois was the only fucking object falling towards the earth until Superman caught her. She also has instant travel abilities because she showed up at the fucking train station like she's got super powers after Zodd and Soops duked it out all over Metropolis, and oh so many more lol, so many more. So yeah, not good but not bad enough to say it's a bad movie.

Fifaguy360 said:

She was a dumb ass, she could have easily jumped out of the ship before it crashed and avoided the black hole then fucked up Superman together with Zodd. It's not like she didn't have time to do that considering how fast she is, another thing that makes no sense lol.

dahuman said:
Not good, not bad, too many plot holes and shit that made no sense, the scripting, directing, and cutting all needed more work. Maybe an extended edition with all the missing pieces?

By my complaints, I mean shit like Superman doesn't really need to breath since he's a battery cell for the yellow sun and you can clearly tell because he was beyond earth orbit in many parts of the movie without problems, so the whole movie was already thrown out the fucking window. The other obvious one was that while the black hole was sucking everything in, Lois was the only fucking object falling towards the earth until Superman caught her. She also has instant travel abilities because she showed up at the fucking train station like she's got super powers after Zodd and Soops duked it out all over Metropolis, and oh so many more lol, so many more. So yeah, not good but not bad enough to say it's a bad movie.

you make a good point about louis falling toward  earth. 

Around the Network

As poor and underwhelming as Returns.

mutantclown said:

I disagree. I thought it was a hundred times better,then that movie. 

oldschoolfool said:
mutantclown said:

I disagree. I thought it was a hundred times better,then that movie. 

Different movies, different struggles, equally mediocre. It's just a matter of taste which one appeals more to you, but both are poorly executed.

dahuman said:
Fifaguy360 said:

She was a dumb ass, she could have easily jumped out of the ship before it crashed and avoided the black hole then fucked up Superman together with Zodd. It's not like she didn't have time to do that considering how fast she is, another thing that makes no sense lol.

The only hope for her race was seconds away from destruction. So I'd say a feeling of lostness and hopelessness settled and there was no reason to avoid death. What was she to live for? She was a born and bred warrior for the sake of Krypton.

Even with Zod at the end, he was more concerned with trying to kill humans than Superman because he didn't have anything to live for either.

It was very disjointed for the first half with the bouncing back and forth between different moments in time/Superman's life. Once the action started, everything picked up.

It definitely had some of the best action I've seen in a while. Also, the female villain was amazing.