By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameCube controller

is Nintendo starting to produce wavebirds again? I hope so!

Around the Network

I use a standard Platinum GC controller with an extension and it pretty much makes it across my room with slack.(my rooms about 14ft length) The cables not really a problem in fact I kinda prefer my controllers wired..

I figured it'd be worth reposting this here:

Brand new Gamecube controllers - $28.90/£14.51 - Play Asia

Extension leads also from Play Asia -  $3.99/£2.00

I have three GC controllerds to play Melee and I never bought a Classic Contoller.
On Virtual Console, every game use the GC controller OR the Wii controller

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda

If you can afford it and will be playing VC SNES games, get both. I really like the classic controller for VC games.

Hopefully nintendo will make Wireless versions of their add ons, or maybe just a wireless connector.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

I think every Wii owner who has an interest in VC games should own both a Gamecube controller and a Classic controller. The GC controller is great for N64 games, and the Classic controller is great for everything else (especially SNES). Trying to play Contra III with a GC controller is an exercise in frustration, I can assure you.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

The GC D-pad is an abomination. That's all you need to know when it comes to VC.

ferret1603 said:

I figured it'd be worth reposting this here:

Brand new Gamecube controllers - $28.90/£14.51 - Play Asia

Extension leads also from Play Asia - $3.99/£2.00

That sounds like it's worth getting.  I didn't realize extension cords were that cheap. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

GhaleonUnlimited said:
The GC D-pad is an abomination. That's all you need to know when it comes to VC.
It's awkwardly placed, but "abomination" seems like exaggeration to me.  But yeah, if you want to play SNES games you pretty much need the Classic Controller.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
GhaleonUnlimited said:
It's awkwardly placed, but "abomination" seems like exaggeration to me. But yeah, if you want to play SNES games you pretty much need the Classic Controller.

Super Metroid is playable on a GC controller...

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.