By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the new IP's you are looking forward to in 2008?

So much talk about SSBB, GTA4, FFXIII and other sequels lately, I'm wondering what the hot new titles you guys are looking forward to the most.

Basically what will be 2008's Bioshock,  Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect?

I think Too Human looks promising, and ofcourse there's the inevitability of Wii Fit.

Around the Network

LittleBigPlanet. These is by far my most anticipated '08 game (aside from MGS4). Spore should be quite the innovative title as well, though I'm pessimistic about it actually making it out in '08. InFamous looks cool (Sucker Punch did great work on the Sly Cooper games), and whatever Team ICO's cooking up should be killer. I'm hoping it will be announced at GDC with a Holiday '08 release date, though I've been hoping it would be announced at every major press event for the past year.

I'm also highly anticipating the ps3 port of Eternal Sonata. As a musician, I find the entire concept of the game quite intriguing. White Knight Story is another JRPG that has my attention.

I sadly have to exclude Nintendo from this list, as all the Wii games I'm looking forward to are from major franchises (SSBB, MKWii, etc.).

I don't think I'll personally know until they get nearer release, we won't be seeing much info until the major conventions.

LBP looks most interesting though.

disaster, wii fit, valkyrie of the battlefield, LBP, alan wake

One word:

Fragile

...oh, also Alan Wake, and maybe Disaster. I'm sure I'll get more excited about it as more info leaks out. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

fragile seems interesting and so does disaster day of crisis

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Almost forgot about LBP, that's high on my list also. Can't wait to try it out. Also Home, it's not really a game but still it looks cool.

I played Eternal Sonata on the 360 and I found it one of the better RPG's I have played lately.

On the Wii I'm looking forward to King's Story, the art style looks great.

WiiFit, Disaster and whatever Arika is coming up next.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Disaster, Infinite Undiscovery and Fragile at the moment.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

And on the DS, not really a new IP but Sonic RPG should be great. Seems like we've been spoiled in 2007. 2008 seems to have lots and lots of sequels.