By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hold the phone.. is MGSV & GZ two different games?

evrywhere i look people are saying differnt things?

are they 2 games or 1? i thought it was just 1 game? announced as 2 at the time?

Around the Network

Grouns Zeroes was its name before the whole Phantom Pain trollfest came along and it was re-revealed. It's just one game.

the phantom pain and ground zeroes are two parts to MGSV. I think it is supposed to be Kojima s experimenting with episodic style

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

GZ is a prologue to MGSV so its like a 2 part game

I wonder if GZ will be full priced. Was GT5 prologue full priced because that's the closest thing to this setup I can think of.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

perhaps like the two chapters in metal gear soild 2

Last year when Ground Zeroes was revealed I read that it was a prologue to MGS5. It's part of the game. Either game 'journalists' or the Konami marketing department fail at their work.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414360/interviews/e3-interview-kojima-on-mgs-5/

To clarify, will Ground Zeroes be part of The Phantom Pain or released separately?

So you can think of it that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is the big game and within that the first prologue to it is Ground Zeroes.

As you saw in the trailer, The Phantom Pain provides a vast world where the player can really go anywhere and get lost. But for past Metal Gear fans used to a linear experience it would probably be hard for them to get used to that without having a prologue and a way to get used to it. So Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is an interpretation to really give them a very short, smaller version of that scale.

In The Phantom Pain there are real-life day and night cycles but in Ground Zeroes the weather doesn't change and it's at night time. This is to help the past Metal Gear fans to get used to the fact that it's now open-world.

But will it be released separately?

We can't talk about how we're going to release it because we still haven't decided yet.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)