By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

i hate all gameing systems equally...... what'll happen to me?

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network
Mafaveli said:

You'll go to hell I'm afraid.

@Mafaveli:

That's just like saying you love them equally, in which case, fanboys for each will take it upon themselves to shatter your psyche and crush your spirit beneath the soles of their fanboyism-spiked boots. Be warned.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

weezy said:

you can hate whatever the fuck you want and still be the most hardcore gamer around.

I hate 95% of games made ..anyone IMO who likes more than 5% of games made is a tool

^Acually that was pretty harsh LOL

I could be wrong, but it would be nearly impossible to own >5% of all games made even if you were very hardcore. It would be in the high hundreds of games. I tend to be pretty sluttish towards games since I like to give them a fair shake. That being said having an elitist attitude towards gaming doesn't make you hardcore it just makes you an elitist. One more point your ability to debate is sorely lacking as well so please let other’s judge that and don’t toot you own horn as it’s extremely irritating to read over and over again how great a debater you think you are. Gaming is what the person doing the gaming wants it to be. Hard or soft good or bad. If I played just AAA games I would miss out on a lot that gaming has to offer. Please don't take this as a personal attack just as someone who is irritated with your posting style that does not even come close to being in the top 5% of posts, bottom 5% maybe, but I read them anyway.

NFGBlinkAC said:

This is seriously getting so annoying to read all the hate towards something, especially with these so called "gamers" saying stupid stuff like this.  What ever happened to liking a game/system because you were a gamer?  Now its:

Xbox Fanboy: Zomg the PS3 SUX!!!!

Wii Fanboy:  Our system is the best cuz it's innovative!!!

PS3 Fanboy: **** Halo and the 360!

Wtf happened to everybody?  It's impossible to have a actual good conversation with a gamer without the fanboy coming out saying stupid ****. 

This is 100% Microsoft's fault.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Around the Network
Rath said:
Mafaveli said:

No I dont deserve it I said "Equally"

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Reasonable said:
Renar@

Thanks for the post - makes sense and compliments mine rather well too if you don't mind me saying so. They key is indeed the ability (or choice) to apply crticial assesments seperate from personal perference or enjoyment. I liked your examlples, although the term 'intelligent gamer' might get some flak I'll happily take that moniker!

Thank you.  I liked your post as well.  Of course, somewhat proves what has been said by both sides.  You're going to like the posts/position of those that agree with you.

As for 'intelligent gamer', as I said, I picked it because it implies more clearly how to criticize a game, versus just the "It sux!!" which is critism, but not very intelligent critism.

Besides, I want to hear from those who say they need not be an 'intelligent gamer' to play their games.   Which is true, but will bring a smile to my face.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

DaSimkin said:
NFGBlinkAC said:

This is seriously getting so annoying to read all the hate towards something, especially with these so called "gamers" saying stupid stuff like this. What ever happened to liking a game/system because you were a gamer? Now its:

Xbox Fanboy: Zomg the PS3 SUX!!!!

Wii Fanboy: Our system is the best cuz it's innovative!!!

PS3 Fanboy: **** Halo and the 360!

Wtf happened to everybody? It's impossible to have a actual good conversation with a gamer without the fanboy coming out saying stupid ****.

This is 100% Microsoft's fault.

Really? I blame Al-Qaida. They're taking the blame for everything nowadays, so why not this!

'snickers and hopes there are no Al-Qaida members on the site...' 

Rath said:
Mafaveli said:

Great games in hell.  No Endless Ocean, tho.  Well, not in your hell.   The crew of the  Marie Celeste got that game first.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Probably doesn't help when companies make fluff comments to bolster themselves and get their fans going crazy.

Sony - "People will buy the PS3 even if there weren't any games on it"
Nintendo - "Graphics don't mean everything" (which is fairly true)
Microsoft - "Nintendo owners will graduate to the 360"

In fact, world politics throughout history has just given me a huge nod.