By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Quieted The Critics at E3.

Zizzla_Rachet said:

On what grounds can you say that it will run better and not require cloud?...

You better hope that the cloud features in Forza 5 can be brushed aside...Becuase if they can't racing games for ps4 are in for a tall hurdle..

Because PS4 is more powerful (devs words) and the cloud processing will be aways inferior to offline hardware processing due latency... so only processing that require biggers latencies will use cloud and that is less than 10% of the game processing.

Forza 5 is a good example because it is one of the games that have more high latency processing like how the weather affects the track... wait Froza didn't have weather effects... well tire deformation... yes the physics of the tire deformation can be done in cloud.... I think I can give you more two or three exemple like the tire deformation for Forza 5.

Everything else require low latencies... so it can't be done in cloud.

And a hint... MS already said every game can run without cloud when you don't have active internet... so it is not required... Forza 5 runs without cloud.

Around the Network

Few things:

Swapping a single disk is now a massive headache ? When the Xbox had multiple disks for some games, which was ok? I think some users are wanting WALL-E to become true, where you dont need to move to get a controller to change channels, or change disks or get up from the sofa.

Cloud processing. Seriously people are still thinking that this is going to be some Eureka moment for any console. Yes I know Forza have said they are using it, but not for anything that will make the console more powerful, just background tasks while you are offline.

The cloud is definitely going to be this generations Kinect... where people watch videos and see a corporation say something and be totally taken in by it. *Everytime* it happens. Just scary. Perhaps these people are young, or just easily led, i dont know, but it does shock me.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Jega said:
VGKing said:
They failed to address the 1000-pound elephant in the room. I'd say they played it safe by showing games games games and nothing else. It's funny actually that they are bundling Kinect with each console but failed to show people why they would need it at E3. Do they not have confidence in their product? What about the TV/Entertainment features? Not even mentioned. THEIR BIGGEST ADVANTAGE OVER PS4 WENT UNMENTIONED. Do you know how big of a mistake that was?

Millions of people saw the reveal where they spent almost an hour explaining the features of the Xbox One and Kinect.

People were complaining about the lack of games at the reveal and Microsoft promised that E3 will be all about games and no talk of TV, which

they did.

Now Microsoft did not say anything about Kinect or the features and people are still not satisified. Sigh!

You already know why people aren't satiesfied. In case you need clarification here's the simples way I can put it.

The Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PS4 and it places restrictions on what you can do with your physical copies of games while the PS4 doesn't. 

Imaginedvl said:
VGKing said:
They failed to address the 1000-pound elephant in the room. I'd say they played it safe by showing games games games and nothing else. It's funny actually that they are bundling Kinect with each console but failed to show people why they would need it at E3. Do they not have confidence in their product? What about the TV/Entertainment features? Not even mentioned. THEIR BIGGEST ADVANTAGE OVER PS4 WENT UNMENTIONED. Do you know how big of a mistake that was?

You are killing me... Microsoft shows games and exclusives (more than Sony) and do not show Kinect that much... And they are failing...
When they show a lot of Kinect, they are failing...
When they show what the Xbox One can do other than games... they are failing...

So far basicaly everything Microsoft is doing it a failure if we read all your replies.
Not sure how credible you can be anymore on any Microsoft topics... But keep going, it is enjoyable at least :)

never used the word "failing" in that context.

Microsoft has failed to strike the right balance between games/features/entertainment/apps/etc. That's their problem. Their messaging is all over the place. They are failing to explain why people should buy Xbox One over the PS4 and now they even have a price disadvantage. 

Jega said:
Sensei said:
Jega said:

No, it didn't do shit for the bad PR of the Xbone, what alternative Internet reality are you living in?

Yeah it has the games, but the console is still more restrictive, more expensive, more bulky, less powerful than the PS4.

The games are there but they don't address any of the problems above.

Even if the Xbox One is less powerful than the PS4, I didn't see that in any of the games at E3. In fact most of the Xbox One games look superior to what

I have seen for the PS4.

The Division, NFS: Rivals, Watch Dogs and Infamous 2nd Son (All showed gameplay on ps4) look far better than what was shown on XBone.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Zizzla_Rachet said:

On what grounds can you say that it will run better and not require cloud?...

You better hope that the cloud features in Forza 5 can be brushed aside...Becuase if they can't racing games for ps4 are in for a tall hurdle..

Because PS4 is more powerful (devs words) and the cloud processing will be aways inferior to offline hardware processing due latency... so only processing that require biggers latencies will use cloud and that is less than 10% of the game processing.

Forza 5 is a good example because it is one of the games that have more high latency processing like how the weather affects the track... wait Froza didn't have weather effects... well tire deformation... yes the physics of the tire deformation can be done in cloud.... I think I can give you more two or three exemple like the tire deformation for Forza 5.

Everything else require low latencies... so it can't be done in cloud.

And a hint... MS already said every game can run without cloud when you don't have active internet... so it is not required... Forza 5 runs without cloud.

I guess your right...let's see what happens when Xbox One luanches...

Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:

Actually PS3 does have cloud, but you need to be a plus member and I believe it is only used to store files. My point was an update is an update, you can update a system WITHOUT cloud. What are the benefits are their to using cloud versus what they have been doing for years?

Which is worst than what we have been doing for years at least IMO. I could either a just get the game digitally and just speak the whole disc process or just put in the disc and sell that disc to WHOEVER i wanted to

Angry Joe has never been a Sony fan. But thats besides the point, PC has dedicated servers and consoles dont so again, what is the benefit to console online services versus PC ones? Note that i dont single out MS here.

??that makes no sense at all. the disc wont work on another system, which is what some of the hoopla is anyone, you have to be naive to think you can run that game on places like GS and BB. Unless you can find some ignorant fool who doesnt know any better but if you can, more power to you. No Sony way is better, why? becasue you can sell to whoever you want and buy from whoever you want and it will work. and I imagine that used copies of xbone games will be more expensive, since they are less valuable.

Quote tree edited - Kresnik

Well games like Forza 5 are cloud powered...So the cloud is a must to update....

Well go luck having to swap disc on PS4....

AngryJoe is just so dude with Youtube videos clomplaining about stuff..And the Xbox and Xbox 360 already had dedicated servers....Ps2 was Player 2 player and Ps3 was not much better....

Seems like you think Disc based gaming is better somehow...Deal withit  Xbox One is not like PS4...and PS4 will have DRm for it's digital downloads....

But why does it need it? How does that benefit the game or gameplay? Because IMHO that seems to be just adding something just to say it has it, thats the vibe im getting from this whole "cloud" thing, from all camps. Now i could be wrong

Ive been swapping disc and cartridges all my life have you and some others become so lazy and big that you cant be bothered to get up? Thats kind of funny considering that is some of the same logic Sony fans used to say why some PS3 games (FF13) is better on their system and I have the option of just buying the digital copy if I CHOOSE too.

Fair enough but none of them or even close to PC IMHO, and now it seems we are even losing the benefits of consoles. 

I think having OPTIONS are better, I think owning something that i spend 60+, I think being able to lend and borrow games from WHOEVER i want is better, i think not having so mucn restrictions on a CONSOLE is better. Now can you tell me how these things are bad? ANd how Xbone is better at doing these things? Other than that family plan i dont see it and that could be implemented without the . How do you know PS4 will have DRM? Will it be like XBONE? WHere is your proof, where is your evidence, cause until then you are speculating and have nothing to stand on. I dont have to deal with anything by the way, ill just not buy Xbone its really that simple.

Madword said:
Few things:

Swapping a single disk is now a massive headache ? When the Xbox had multiple disks for some games, which was ok? I think some users are wanting WALL-E to become true, where you dont need to move to get a controller to change channels, or change disks or get up from the sofa.

Cloud processing. Seriously people are still thinking that this is going to be some Eureka moment for any console. Yes I know Forza have said they are using it, but not for anything that will make the console more powerful, just background tasks while you are offline.

The cloud is definitely going to be this generations Kinect... where people watch videos and see a corporation say something and be totally taken in by it. *Everytime* it happens. Just scary. Perhaps these people are young, or just easily led, i dont know, but it does shock me.

I think some fans are just really trying to cling on to anything they can, to resort "single disc" being an issue is strange at best, especially when competing consoles give you the OPTION of just buying digital

Madword said:

This feels relevant. And any time anything from Mega64 feels relevant, I feel compelled to share it.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:

Actually PS3 does have cloud, but you need to be a plus member and I believe it is only used to store files. My point was an update is an update, you can update a system WITHOUT cloud. What are the benefits are their to using cloud versus what they have been doing for years?

Which is worst than what we have been doing for years at least IMO. I could either a just get the game digitally and just speak the whole disc process or just put in the disc and sell that disc to WHOEVER i wanted to

Angry Joe has never been a Sony fan. But thats besides the point, PC has dedicated servers and consoles dont so again, what is the benefit to console online services versus PC ones? Note that i dont single out MS here.

??that makes no sense at all. the disc wont work on another system, which is what some of the hoopla is anyone, you have to be naive to think you can run that game on places like GS and BB. Unless you can find some ignorant fool who doesnt know any better but if you can, more power to you. No Sony way is better, why? becasue you can sell to whoever you want and buy from whoever you want and it will work. and I imagine that used copies of xbone games will be more expensive, since they are less valuable.

Quote tree edited - Kresnik

Well games like Forza 5 are cloud powered...So the cloud is a must to update....

Well go luck having to swap disc on PS4....

AngryJoe is just so dude with Youtube videos clomplaining about stuff..And the Xbox and Xbox 360 already had dedicated servers....Ps2 was Player 2 player and Ps3 was not much better....

Seems like you think Disc based gaming is better somehow...Deal withit  Xbox One is not like PS4...and PS4 will have DRm for it's digital downloads....

Lol, what games had dedicated servers on the xbox and xbox 360, that were not available on the PS3

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.