By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - which game cost more to develop for?

Animal crossing Wii is going to cost an absolute fortune!!

Imagine having to house, feed and the vet's bills for all those animals!!

Around the Network

i think killzone 2 costs more to make

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Fuzzmosis said:
makingmusic476 said:
routsounmanman said:
So totally Ninja Bread Man. OK I'm leaving now :P

I've been tempted to get that game for weeks now just to say that I have it. :|

As someone who did just that, I'll accept your stupidity so long as you promise not to play it.

Agreed. *shakes hand*

I wouldn't doubt that Sony is party funding the development of MGS4.

bbsin said:
I wouldn't doubt that Sony is party funding the development of MGS4.

If sony weren't then they would have gone multiplat already

Around the Network

70 million for Killzone 2....All this money I hope the story mode is longer than 6 hours;..

konnichiwa said:
70 million for Killzone 2....All this money I hope the story mode is longer than 6 hours;..

CoD more than made up for that with the multiplayer. I am satistied with getting 40 hours out of a game that I paid £40 for. Nobody seems to compain that Uncharted was as short and did not offer any multiplayer, but they are both incredible games

OT; KZ 2 will be good, and I'm sure they will aim to have very good multiplayer and to have good home integration. However, I remember the original KZ having quite a long story

Probably Killzone 2. Konami would have a lot more to lose, and therefore won't risk as much money. Killzone, on the other hand, has to be outstanding, since it is a not a huge franchise, and they have to get past the mediocrity of earlier iterations.

Munkeh111 said:
konnichiwa said:

CoD more than made up for that with the multiplayer. I am satistied with getting 40 hours out of a game that I paid £40 for. Nobody seems to compain that Uncharted was as short and did not offer any multiplayer, but they are both incredible games

OT; KZ 2 will be good, and I'm sure they will aim to have very good multiplayer and to have good home integration. However, I remember the original KZ having quite a long story

We are wainting for KZ 2 like 4 years?  Meh I would hate it if the game is pretty short.

Ok, firstly which group of people involved in making a game pay these huge sums of money, is itthe publisher?

If so how much of each game sold goes to the publisher, after all a budget of $70 million would need a million sales even if the publisher got $70 per game (which is obviously not the case)