By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is the Nintendo DS sold out everywhere?

DS's are always in full stock where I live except Christmas of course.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

Around the Network

DS is easy to find in my city, but Wii is another history

I guess it just depends where you live, where I live the DS is usually sold out.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

__XBrawlX__ said:
Wouldn't know. I'm the unlucky one who lives 2 hours away from the nearest EB Games. (I think it's pretty much the same as Gamestop)

EB and Gamestop are the same company with different names. Gamestop bought out EB a few years back.

On topic: The DS got hit almost as hard as the Wii this Christmas, and a little harder than the 360. I'm not surprised that the supply chain is still a little disrupted in some regions.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

There wasn't any DS at my walmart since X-mas

Around the Network

Was looking tonight. Circuit City, Meijers, Target, Best Buy sold out. Gamestop had 5 including 3 colors but they apparently just got them in.

What the crap? I gave them last post-christmas, and over this holiday. But now really? I know the holidays were crazy but when am I going to be able to but the color I want with not hassle?

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I recently was at wal-mart shopping , and they had 2 black ones and 3 white ones . That was it , though.

PSN NAME : CommonCriminal

Now Playing : The Orange Box , Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

KH3 Bet :

"I, Badonkadonkhr, risk 1 week ban by claiming KH3 will be Sony exclusive, if I am found wrong, I will also start a thread praising those who were right"

at my store we've gotten two shipments of ds since christmas.. One shipment had 3 pink ones and the other had 3 pink and 3 white... All of them sold out really quickly.

My Wal-mart had an entire shelf for them, meaning a labeled shelf in the electronics section with room for about 20 or so. Ever since November I have never seen more than 2 on that shelf. And I really doubt it's the same two DS's this entire time. I think they restock that shelf daily and by 10pm (the time I go to Wal-Mart) they have nearly sold out.

No doubt about it, those things are moving. Good news if your trying to find one, unlike the Wii which gets stocked rarely, DS stock is replenished much, much faster. Even if there is higher demand for the DS in your area, you should easily be able to get a raincheck on one or simply ask the store to hold one for you. I am willing to bet that if you did this within 48 hours you will have one in your hands.

My friend works for Gamestop, says they are still sold out too. Crazyness.

Wii Code: 3408 4607 2609 5588

PSN: Foxwwe