By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is the Nintendo DS sold out everywhere?

I've been browsing many sites and checking store stock and I can't seem to find a single new DS lite in stock anywhereNo white ones, and certainly no onyx/onyx-red ones (I've never seen one of those in person) and no pink ones (don't really want one of those though...)

What's going on?  Is there some sort of temporary shortage/supply constraint or is demand so ludicrously high that a several years old platform can't be produced fast enough? 

Around the Network

I can usually find about 10-20 in stock whenever I go to Best Buy, so uhhh.....

Yeah.

I got one today in black actually. Had to go to 4 stores to find one and the place where I found one sold 2 while I was there.

Due to their recent successes, Nintendo's Christmas party went a little longer than originally planned. They're still nursing their hangovers.

Expect them to get back on their game in a month or two.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I can easily find DS Lites where I live.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
I can usually find about 10-20 in stock whenever I go to Best Buy, so uhhh.....

Yeah.

Best Buy is the only store where I couldn't actually check whether a particular store has 'em, so they could have them..

All the rest of the local and online stores (gamestop, circuit city, amazon, newegg, etc) don't have 'em.

Maybe Arizonans eat DS's for dinner like the Japanese do.

I'm not leaving the house to go to the store this weekend though....traffic is probably going to be horrendous from the superbowl. 

totalwar23 said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I can easily find DS Lites where I live.

me too.

Indianapolis area for me. They sell out very quickly on the side of the town I'm on. Lots of rich kids around here whose parents buy them whatever they want.

Wouldn't know. I'm the unlucky one who lives 2 hours away from the nearest EB Games. (I think it's pretty much the same as Gamestop)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

i can find a DS easily too but ur situation doesn't surprise me. I mean, the DS is selling incredibly fast and the Wii will be hard pressed to keep it's title at the fastest selling console ver at the current rate the DS is selling at