By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: "You can have 6 consoles, with 6 games being played by 6 people

superchunk said:
J_Allard said:

You can't play your copy of LoU while you're lending it out to even one person. And yet with this it can be accessed by 10 other people and you're free to play yours any time you want.

Oh lookie, we found one difference and it took no time at all. Guess it's not just like sharing games right now after all.

OMFG.

YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THE SAME GAME SOMEONE ELSE IS PLAYING IN YOUR SHARE CIRCLE.

You lending your copy of LoU to someone will be EXACTLY the same as this 10 person share. Only one person will be able to play any single game unless more than one of you own the same game and you all share with exactly the same 10 people.

#1 calm down
#2 you are wrong

Unless MS goes back on what they said today, you're not close to being right.

Around the Network
starcraft said:

Link?

Read the answers in the OP. Its pretty explicit.

1st post is generic relating to how many players can play a game. Its referring to local play.

2nd post is just asking for a question.

3rd post just restates that your family share people can access any game in your library. This doesn't even touch the simultaneous scenario.

4th post makes two statements. A) that YOU can play any game in your profile on any other console. B) Your shared family can play any game as well. These two statements are separate and true. It in no way implies at the same time.

5th post just directs you to their news article regarding their DRM policies. Which of course is vague in this.

6th and final post is very explicit that each of the 6 people on 6 consoles are playing 6 DIFFERENT games.

I really don't see the confusion here.

J_Allard said:

#1 calm down
#2 you are wrong

1) Its irritating you all can't read.

2) They never said you could play simultaneously.

3) read my post to starcraft.

superchunk said:
J_Allard said:

#1 calm down
#2 you are wrong

1) Its irritating you all can't read.

2) They never said you could play simultaneously.

3) read my post to starcraft.

1. calm down
2. they did so, right there
3. no

superchunk said:
starcraft said:

Link?

Read the answers in the OP. Its pretty explicit.

1st post is generic relating to how many players can play a game. Its referring to local play.

2nd post is just asking for a question.

3rd post just restates that your family share people can access any game in your library. This doesn't even touch the simultaneous scenario.

4th post makes two statements. A) that YOU can play any game in your profile on any other console. B) Your shared family can play any game as well. These two statements are separate and true. It in no way implies at the same time.

5th post just directs you to their news article regarding their DRM policies. Which of course is vague in this.

6th and final post is very explicit that each of the 6 people on 6 consoles are playing 6 DIFFERENT games.

I really don't see the confusion here.

See J_Allard's post.

I have been going off the same image...

You really need to tone down the anger, I don't understand why this is so personal.

It could go one way or another, but there is clearly ambiguity.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

So, does this mean you can login to 1 account on 6 different consoles.
Each (registered) game can be play by 1 console at a time.

OK that post of many is likely wrong.

What your saying is the same as supporting piracy within 10ppl.

So I bought my XBox One with Ryse and Quantum Break.
A "family member" bought Forza and CoD Ghosts.

Can I play "his" Forza while he is playing "my" Ryse?
That is all I have to know.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I understood it as I can play my game WITH one person in my share family of 10 simultaneously and the the other 9 in my family have access to the rest of my library but only one of them at a time can play any game I have.

@ superchunk, you seem stone cold certain that this isn't the case, are we all guilty of looking at the same thing and seeing what we want? I ask because you seem like an intelligent enough person as do J_Allard and starcraft but you guys are seeing it way different. There is a big difference between not being able to play simultaneously with one person and being able to do so.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

What's wrong with you guys? It's not confusing at all. What they're trying to say is: Buy a PS4.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey