By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: "You can have 6 consoles, with 6 games being played by 6 people

leo-j said:
it doesn't matter, despite being 499, despite having this horrid used game policy, the xbox one is almost toe to toe with ps4 pre orders in the U.S, microsoft has a huge hold in the US market

Holding even with Sony in Microsoft's strong area is not good for Microsoft.  As it is now, they lose Asia and also Europe.  They would be down to being even in one region?  That is not good for Microsoft.  They need to do something here to change that.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
J_Allard said:

So right now I can take my copy of Last of Us and share it with more than 10 people? And also, the people I share it with can play it at the same time I do? Since it's no different and all.

Yes you can share your copy of Last of Us with 1m people.

Now you can't all play at same time, but you won't be able to do that with the 10 "family" shares either.

You can't play your copy of LoU while you're lending it out to even one person. And yet with this it can be accessed by 10 other people and you're free to play yours any time you want.

Oh lookie, we found one difference and it took no time at all. Guess it's not just like sharing games right now after all.

superchunk said:
starcraft said:

I think...that you need to re-read what I wrote.  At no point did I even vaguely imply that one person could purchase the game and ten could play it simultaneously.  As we understand it at this point it is one between two.  I have removed your bolding and added my own, and will give you the opportunity to properly read my post and respond again, if you so choose.

But even that is not true. No one will be able to play simultaneously unless your on the same console together. Its not going to give you capabilities that didn't exist currently with the same physical disc.

Actually here we have mixed messages.  It does appear likely that the disc owner can play simultaneously with one person sharing the library (and any of the other 9 people could be playing a seperate game in that library).

Word from MS representatives is that you will therefore be able to halve your game costs in a reciprocal arrangement.  That said, I'll grant you there is some confusion around whether the 'shared copy' formally referenced by the Microsoft terms is distinct from the 'physical copy' of the disk.

However if they are distinct, this is an enormous advantage over any of the other two consoles.  The sort of advantage that would begin to make your signature appear rather premature and negative.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

superchunk said:
Also the OP is misleading as the "xboxsupport2" account is fake. Notice it has no blue checkmark.

The legit account actually didn't even answer the question at all and just advised the people asking the question go to their official news article that doesn't even answer this "simultaneous" issue at all.

Xbox Support 1-12 are overflow accounts. If you look on the Xbox Support twitter page it tells you this on the left.

J_Allard said:

You can't play your copy of LoU while you're lending it out to even one person. And yet with this it can be accessed by 10 other people and you're free to play yours any time you want.

Oh lookie, we found one difference and it took no time at all. Guess it's not just like sharing games right now after all.

OMFG.

YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THE SAME GAME SOMEONE ELSE IS PLAYING IN YOUR SHARE CIRCLE.

You lending your copy of LoU to someone will be EXACTLY the same as this 10 person share. Only one person will be able to play any single game unless more than one of you own the same game and you all share with exactly the same 10 people.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
superchunk said:
Also the OP is misleading as the "xboxsupport2" account is fake. Notice it has no blue checkmark.

The legit account actually didn't even answer the question at all and just advised the people asking the question go to their official news article that doesn't even answer this "simultaneous" issue at all.

Xbox Support 1-12 are overflow accounts. If you look on the Xbox Support twitter page it tells you this on the left.

ok. Just odd it has no check mark.

Why so confusing?

starcraft said:

Actually here we have mixed messages.  It does appear likely that the disc owner can play simultaneously with one person sharing the library (and any of the other 9 people could be playing a seperate game in that library).

Word from MS representatives is that you will therefore be able to halve your game costs in a reciprocal arrangement.  That said, I'll grant you there is some confusion around whether the 'shared copy' formally referenced by the Microsoft terms is distinct from the 'physical copy' of the disk.

However if they are distinct, this is an enormous advantage over any of the other two consoles.  The sort of advantage that would begin to make your signature appear rather premature and negative.

Its not mixed messages.

You WILL NOT be able to play a game simultaneously with someone else on your share. You will all have to take turns just as if it were a physical copy of the disc.

sethnintendo said:
Why so confusing?

Because people are trying to create a fantasy world where MS will actually lose money for publishers vs the used gaming market they're trying to get rid of.

superchunk said:
starcraft said:

Its not mixed messages.

You WILL NOT be able to play a game simultaneously with someone else on your share. You will all have to take turns just as if it were a physical copy of the disc.

Link?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS