By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is getting The Last of Us today?

Could someone loan me some money?

Around the Network

I lost virtually everything and had to go back to the prologue.

Started to get back through the game now, but not up to where I was!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

CGI-Quality said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-last-of-us-tech-analysis

Naughty Dog are wizards.

Since I'm not done, can't give a full review, but I'll say this: there's no better enemy A.I. out there, the cutscenes are unrivaled (yes, even by LA Noire), and the visuals are striking enough to stand toe-to-toe with Uncharted 3 (not being quite as impressive, given the open nature of many of the levels). 

Read the article earlier today, really great article, like usual by Digital Foundry, especially lately. The video with every interesting solution ND used is great. It's arguably the best looking game on PS3 for me, on par with Uncharted 3, God of War Ascension and Killzone 3. But beating them in other technological regards. Although the framerate is not as consistent as those games sport: U3 and KZ3 rock solid 30fps, GoW:A 30-60fps with mid-high 40s usually, it only shows that PS3 is on it's knees while running this game, cause I'm sure these are not issues that could be delt with more optimisation. But to be honest I think Beyond Two Souls will reconcile all those titles to become the best looking PS3 and the best looking game of the 7th generation.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I just finished the game, and I have to say, the game is truly amazing. I came in expecting the gameplay to be a modified version of what was used in the Uncharted series, but between the great AI and limited ammunition, I was blown away by how much it excelled beyond not just the Uncharted series, but many survival or third-person games. For example, hiding behind cover and shooting enemies was MUCH more difficult than other TPS games I've played, because the enemies will shoot you immediately once you pop out of cover.

I won't spoil any plot details, so I'll just leave it here by saying that this game was great from beginning until the end.

CGI-Quality said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-last-of-us-tech-analysis

Naughty Dog are wizards.

Since I'm not done, can't give a full review, but I'll say this: there's no better enemy A.I. out there, the cutscenes are unrivaled (yes, even by LA Noire), and the visuals are striking enough to stand toe-to-toe with Uncharted 3 (not being quite as impressive, given the open nature of many of the levels). 

i haven't finished it yet but defo enjoying it and i play on hard without any tips whatever that really means but i am glad the human AI are a bit silly sometimes when i have no pistol bullets left and low on health :)

i also got stuck in a freezer in one of those encounters where they ambush you,it was hilarious i manged to blow a few away with my shotgun but couldn't get out of this freezer bug and they eventually overwhelmed me,haha

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

I am LOVING this game. I'm over 5 hours in on Hard and I've only fired a gun 4 times. The replay value looks like it's going to be pretty darn high with all of the different ways to approach encounters.