By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quarter to Three does it again! Ruins TLoU metacritic

crissindahouse said:

sold my ps3, a platform with such a game shouldn't be in my house

I'm still waiting on the FF7 remake before I sell mine.

Around the Network
hinch said:

By the same the people who gave you theses scores -

• Catherine - 2/5
  • Forza 4 - 2/5
  • Soul Caliber V - 2/5
  • Journey - 2/5
  • Max Payne 3 - 2/5
  • Lollipop Chainsaw - 1/5
  • Sleeping Dogs - 2/5
  • Halo 4 - 1/5
  • Assassin's Creed III -5/5

trololol.

The infamous Tom Chick also gave Uncharted 3 a 4/10, writing for HonestGamers.  Given his history, he either just hasn't got his finger on the gaming public taste's pulse or is a complete troll. Either way his reviews are practically worthless.

So Galaxy 2 remains the highest? How close was it to beating it?

How are they even counted as a legitimate review site? Who are they?

"A survival game without meaningful death isn’t a survival game. It’s just a game."

They make a good point. You should die for real when you die in the game. I mean the PS3 should kill you.

Around the Network

Metacritic should remove the highest and lowest few % of reviews, or exercise judgement on outliers, when calculating an average.

Max King of the Wild said:
n-skyline said:
Off topic but i wish i could start downloading the last of us now from the playstation store, seeing as it takes hours but releases tomorrow. Maybe Sony should consider a day or 2 early release date for digital downloads as an incentive

Not a bad idea but would probably make retailers a little upset being they need to keep street dates or get huge fines

yeah i never thought of that, though im assuming the street date is to keep it fair between stores selling the games so customers who download digitally should not really affect stores release dates.

So very true. They soiled it! Soiled it!

I'll only accept 100 out of 100 from MetaCritic.

_mevildan said:

The infamous Tom Chick also gave Uncharted 3 a 4/10, writing for HonestGamers.  Given his history, he either just hasn't got his finger on the gaming public taste's pulse or is a complete troll. Either way his reviews are practically worthless.

Thats what I'm thinking too. The guy might just has very particular tastes in games, but his scores almost are almost always the exact opposite of what other reviewers are giving them (I mean his review for the TLOU came waaaay after the other critics had their say in it). In essence, he's fishing for hits by causing a controversy. By giving the lowest scores and highest scores they're almost guaranteed to make it to the front of a games meta page.

hinch said:

By the same the people who gave you these scores -

• Catherine - 2/5
  • Forza 4 - 2/5
  • Soul Calibur V - 2/5
  • Journey - 2/5
  • Max Payne 3 - 2/5
  • Lollipop Chainsaw - 1/5
  • Sleeping Dogs - 2/5
  • Halo 4 - 1/5
  • Assassin's Creed III -5/5

trololol.