By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The NES is far more powerful and fun to play than the PS3.

There was several tragic news stories of houses that never came back down once the NES were turned on in the 80's... It was actually a sad time and legislation was introduced.

Also, the song doesn't say "No", it says "Boom". It's also very affiliated with WWE as I think it's a law that they use that song on 30% of their shows and 50% of their pay-per views.

Side note, for those showing a real PS3 commercial in a joke thread: I used to think that Xbox360 owners were more paranoid than you "THEY HATE US CAUSE WE'VE GOT GAMES" - Paraphrasing Mr.Stickball actually, with sentiments echoed by Legend11. Now there is a new tinfoil crown. Welcome to the Rabbit Hole! The tea is served.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
DSLover said:
If NES is more powerful than PS3, does that mean SNES is more powerful than PS4.

YES!!! NES is more powerful that everything!!!!!

/sarcasm

but seriously, NES was a true gaming revolution 

SeriousWB said:

Wtf The_vagabond7, that isn't close to metal.

THIS is metal ffs:

Edit: Oops wrong link.

Man, that shuts my mouth. My socks are literally off. How did they get there? They were rocked. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Tifa Lockhart said:

This video explains all.

This video is full of true, PS3 have graphics, but no funny.

Fools be editing my posts, and I guess my NES was malfunctioning, it ran straight into the ground, rather than lifting up my house.

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Oh man, if you thought that PS3 commercial was weird, check out what they are airing in Europe:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27952.html

I can't believe Europeans respond to this kind of ad. It is the weirdest and creepiest thing I have ever seen.

Sadly, I have to admit that the PS3 commercial is pretty hardXcore. And, if nothing else, it shows the distance we have come in the graphical capabilities of our game consoles. But, c'mon, the NES had R.O.B. He's just a gangsta.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

finalsquall said:
Meh!!! you ps3 haters. You don't appreciate anything about the ps3. Even I appreciate the effort Nintendo does. All you wii fans regurgitate other peoples opinions. The Ps3 ad is fine. It shows consumers what to expect. People who understand the commercial understand they are going to have fun in the ps3 universe. GO play you wii like good little girls. The song rox btw.... What you want a little lullaby to help put you to sleep. Bah!!!

Meh, I don't hate the PS3. The system is fine; they market it wrong and don't go for what consumers want out of gaming. That's fun, interaction and innovation out of gaming and the consumers. The system sells to a niche; not the mass market. The way X360 and PS3 are advertised is only to the niche, which is hardcore, and it's a dying breed of gamers.

NONE of the PS3's games appeal to me, except for FFXIII, and that's not even out yet. And the PS3 ads are FALSE ADVERTISEMENTS. How so? "PS3, starting at $399." L-I-E; they don't mention WHY the system is that price, due to stripped out parts, features and lack of BC.

And the consumers are going to suspect that the PS3 is going to explode and levitate like it does in the commercials? No one wants a system with shooting or racing; there's enough violence in the world and you can watch NASCAR on TV. Plus Sony doesn't have any family-friendly games on the PS3 and no major mascots that are as famous as Disney or Warner Bros. characters. If I were to go shooting, I would go hunting, but I'm against killing wildlife (I'm trying to get a major in Marine Biology and wildlife conservation).

And thanks, I'll enjoy my Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Endless Ocean, Wii Sports, Sonic & Mario Olympic Games, Mario Kart: DD and SSBM (for now). At least my games are fun, make me think (Zelda, and yes, Pokemon) and keep me moving (Wii Sports and M&S). I don't have to sit on my ass and waste time looking at a pretty picture when I can move about, think and have fun with my Wii.

Oh, and I will have some good times getting to bed at night. That's why I have a laptop with the Solitudes: Exploring Nature with Music collection and Celtic Woman to put me to bed. Gotta love the nature sounds, music and pretty voices. At least my Wii AND laptop give me the same things I could get on a PS3, but I don't want to waste anymore money on stuff that has a few things I like on it.

Username2324 said:
Its saying "Do you want it? Whoa! Do you need it Whoa!"

it's actually "Do you want it? BOOM! do you need it? BOOM!"

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Username2324 said:
Actually, this is what it is like to play the PS3:

^Officially dopest game console commercial to date.

this is what i keep saying about the ps3...the ps3 is made for gamers and MARKETED to gamers...many casuals that may have owned a ps2 will be turned off by these commercials while they will see the family playing together on the wii commercials

different styles and u make like one more than the other, but u can't deny that the wii commercials target the casuals and non-gamers while the ps3 commercials target the hardcore gamers

the problem that Sony has is that hardcore gamers are a small part of the population

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp