By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hipocricy of Mayimoto.

masschamber said:
looking at the Miyamoto article from retro-studios all he asked was why were they making the game (the car combat game), and the guy they were talking to didn't know why they were making it,
So Miyamoto questions a team under nintendo why they are making a generic twisted metal knock off, years ago mind you, and it is some how pertenant to Jaffe today?
Jaffe's comment just seems to be witty response to a stupid question that didn't really do anything excpet quickly kill that line of discussion,
the interviewer basically asked a worthless idiotic question
and looking back at the retro interview, the guy they were interviewing makes a very good point
Pacini, "I realized that this was a major problem. Because if you can’t take criticism of your game ideas, you’re in real trouble.”
basically Miyamoto wasn't going to waste Nintendo's resources on a studio if they didn't even know why they were making the game,
the comment had nothing to do with twisted metal
it had nothing to do with Jaffe,
and it had no reason to be brought up in an interview about twisted metal with Jaffe

Context ftw.  I love how everyone automatically assumed that was all there was to Miyamoto's quote.  Taking things out of context is a great way to start a flame war.  If someone could explain why questioning why a game is being made is hypocritical, I'd love to hear them do so.

Around the Network
Auron said:

Edit: It should be Miyamoto but can't edit titles....

Sorry if already posted.

Disclaimer: I love Mario Kart and dislike twisted metal but this ammused me.

Apparently when Miyamoto first went to Retro Studios, they were making a car combat game, he said, "Why would you make that? Why would you put a gun on a car?" And they stopped development on the game. So maybe you should answer that question. Why would you put a gun on a car?

Jaffe: You know, honestly, I've been too busy recently trying to figure out why the fuck go-karts shoot banana peels.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/interview-david.html

The comment from Miyamoto was about shitty and pointless violence in the game, not the proverbial reasoning behind cars that have guns attached to them.

Also, the driver of the kart throws the bananna peel, not the kart itself. Jaffe is such a biased goddamn n00b, imo. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ssj12 said:
Garcian Smith said:
Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:
>well what game were they making that had guns in it

Twisted Metal

LOL, that's why I love Jaffe, the guy puts his heart on his sleeves, and he can also back it up with solid games.

so retro studios was making twisted metal

Yeah,They are making twisted metal:head on for the ps2...right?

Nope; Retro is a Nintendo second-party.

Anyway, I seriously dislike Jaffe. His conduct isn't professional, by any means. Now, that might not be a bad thing if he handled being unprofessional with some finesse, but in practice he always manages to sound more like some drunk asshole.

your comment is making you seem more like an "asshole"

Jaffe is one of the top deveopers in the world. To denounce his games, which there has been a ton of them, jsut shows you are an ignorant fanboy. Jaffe acts like a normal person, like game devs should.

Its the same thing as for why there is a reason why Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, wears sweat pants to his business meetings most of the time. He knows he is a average guy who made good business decisions and doesnt hold him self above others.

Sorry but you're out of line there.  Jaffe has had a few games with success but he's hardly one of the top developers in the world, more like one of the loudest developers.  The guy threw a freaking temper tantrum when review sites started giving calling all cars a low review score.  That's hardly professional and there's many people out there with less than positive images of Jaffe.

LOL yesterday I was reading an article about retro after googled retro studios future games because of the retro making a zelda spin off thread and read the part in the article where Miyamoto told the developer that. I think it was a polite way of saying the game sucked. That is so ironic how a day after I read about it it comes up again. ITs like when you are reading a page in a book and you accidentally close the book and you open up at a random page and its the page you were at.

for those who take this so seriously
http://flixn.com/play/loxnra/
when did gaming get so serious where nothingca be taken as a joke

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Jaffe said:

You know, honestly, I've been too busy recently trying to figure out why the fuck go-karts shoot banana peels.

The karts in Double Dash!! don't shoot banana peels or shells.

100% true ROL, anyway I think by this time we can trust on Miyamotos criteria he is number one producer on the world.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

@Kaz

There was a Wacky Racers game on the Dreamcast.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Wow people jumping to defend their almighty from a joke that meant no harm.

This is almost as bad as whenever some said that insomniac said that SMG copied R&C.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I love MK, and can't stand TM, but that response was genius.

Also, some of you are making way to big a deal out of this. Blame the interviewer for asking a stupid, loaded question, instead of Jaffe for answering said question.

mike_intellivision said:
@Kaz

There was a Wacky Racers game on the Dreamcast.

Mike from Morgantown

You know.  One of my greatest regrets was no owning a dreamcast when it was out proper.  I'm sure the wacky racers game sucked... but still.... this makes me regret it a little more.