By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Daily doubts that SSBB sold 500k units

All consoles are lacking in some way. The PS3 and 360 would be "useless" (using your words) if they didn't have 3rd party games, which I think, will start to dry up by the end of the year, as more companies shift to the wii.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:

Sony is the Devil!!!!!!!!

Do I have your attention now?

First off, I didn't say the Wii can not be praised. I said that it could not be praised by everyone, because it's lacking in multiple ways. As I've already stated, the Wii is lackig in terms of online play, and online gaming has become huge. In addition, FPS have beomce one of the most popular genre's out there. just because you may not like it doesn't mean that other don't. When is lacking something that big, something that mainstream, do you honestly expect everyone to love it? It just doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

You're downplaying the remarks you were doing before in the thread, such as:

"What is there to like about it ouside of Nintendo?"

"However, it can not be denied that the Nintendo Wii is not a well-rounded gaming machine. You can't expect people to praise a console that lacks so much..." (emphasis mine)

Whereas now you're saying "not everyone likes the Wii", pretty much a truism.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Its really strange how a lot of people in the gaming media seem to be personally offended by the Wii's success. Brawl likely did sell 500k+ units on its first day, the series has always sold great.

There were never huge lines for SMG like there were for SSB:B. Everyone who saw the lines for SMG was disappointed  by the lack of excitement.

As Bod pointed out, Game Daily are either blinded by fanboyism or are outright idiots.  Possibly both.

Hwo did a thread about some fools pretending like SSBB didn't trample Japan turn into a "I HATE TEH WIIII!!!111" thread?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

SSBB is the most hyped game in the Wii in this year, is real, the game sell more than SMG in Japan and in the rest of the world

SSBB is the most hyped game in the Wii in this year, is real, the game sell more than SMG in Japan and in the rest of the world

Riot Of The Blood said:
NJ5 said:

So that's supposed to be proof that the Wii lacks so much as a gaming machine, that no one can praise it? The only things I see in that list is a specific genres(which has nothing to do with the Wii as a machine, and can easily change) and online play (which it does have, albeit not as developed as in the 360 and PS3).

All in all, that's not a very convincing argument as to why people can't praise the Wii as a console.

Sony is the Devil!!!!!!!!

Do I have your attention now?

First off, I didn't say the Wii can not be praised. I said that it could not be praised by everyone, because it's lacking in multiple ways. As I've already stated, the Wii is lackig in terms of online play, and online gaming has become huge. In addition, FPS have beomce one of the most popular genre's out there. just because you may not like it doesn't mean that other don't. When is lacking something that big, something that mainstream, do you honestly expect everyone to love it? It just doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

Why?

I don't like Guitar Hero. Yet I still recognize it's a great game.

Honestly if you can't praise a console or realize it's greatness just because you personally don't enjoy it then you aren't a gamer, or someone who truely appreciates gaming.

You are just someone who likes to play certian games aimed at you.

If you are that kind of person, you really shouldn't be in the gaming media.

It'd be as if art magazines were run by people who only think Cubism is real art.

It's ironic that Orland is casting doubt on the tracking agency's report using earlier data of theirs that he accepts without reservations. Apparently their methodology is valid only when it suits his agenda.

Just about every single person I know would rather have brawl over galaxy.