By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Daily doubts that SSBB sold 500k units

Riot Of The Blood said:
NJ5 said:
Why does the gaming media hate the Wii so much? I see people complaining about PS3 hating in the media, but from what I can see they hate the Wii much more.

What is there to like about it ouside of Nintendo? DO you honestly like the console for what it is? If it were the Sony Wii, would you still love it? Or, would you opt for something else? I wouldn't have even thought about buying a Wii if it was not made buy Nintendo.

I probably wouldn't...because half the reason the Wii is good is because of Nintendo's decades of quality, both in their hardware and their software.

A casual gaming system with the same price made by Sony would not be bad...but the fact is Nintendo is the one that made it...they innovate with their consoles and their games, and that's why they're popular.  

But the Wii would still be popular in the mainstream if it was made by Sony and advertised the same way, yes.  

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I am not sure that they "get it" in this case. (Ironically, GameDaily on its front page provides a slide show as to why SSBB will be GotY).

This is a quick-play semi-casual title that has been highly anticipated.
SMG takes a lot more of a time commitment, and titles in Japan requiring that have tended to sell more slowly. We have also discussed ad naseum the circumstances of SMG's slow iniital sales in Japan.

Plus, the 500K is what y-kron has for first day sales ... and his source(s) usually are pretty close.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Smash Bros sells 500K easily.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

So basically Micheal Mullen wants to make a complete ass out of himself with his faulty reasoning, not to mention the unnecessary addition about expecting Wii to lose in the long term. Well, it is his credibility going down the drain, which is only his problem. Just laugh at him and send him the Media Create sales for next week when they become available showing just how wrong he is.

BenKenobi88 said:

I probably wouldn't...because half the reason the Wii is good is because of Nintendo's decades of quality, both in their hardware and their software.

A casual gaming system with the same price made by Sony would not be bad...but the fact is Nintendo is the one that made it...they innovate with their consoles and their games, and that's why they're popular.

But the Wii would still be popular in the mainstream if it was made by Sony and advertised the same way, yes.

I don't think there's any doubt that the Wii would have been popular if Sony made it. Your first sentence answers my question. The Wii would be useless if not for Nintendo's game. Could you imagine the Wii's current library without the Nintendo published games? You have to remember that, although they're great games, not everyone's favorite games are Mario, Zelda, ect... Some people like JRPG's, for example, which are quite thin -- non-existent -- on the Wii. Also, online gaming has become quite big; this is another thing that the Wii is lacking. I own a Wii, and I have enjoyed well over 100 hours of gameplay on it. However, it can not be denied that the Nintendo Wii is not a well-rounded gaming machine. You can't expect people to praise a console that lacks so much...

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:

(...) However, it can not be denied that the Nintendo Wii is not a well-rounded gaming machine. You can't expect people to praise a console that lacks so much...

The Wii is a well-rounded gaming machine. There, I just denied it.

What exactly does the Wii lack as a gaming machine?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Did you read my post, or did you just ignore everything I just said? 

"I don't think there's any doubt that the Wii would have been popular if Sony made it. Your first sentence answers my question. The Wii would be useless if not for Nintendo's game. Could you imagine the Wii's current library without the Nintendo published games? You have to remember that, although they're great games, not everyone's favorite games are Mario, Zelda, ect... Some people like JRPG's, for example, which are quite thin -- non-existent -- on the Wii. Also, online gaming has become quite big; this is another thing that the Wii is lacking. I own a Wii, and I have enjoyed well over 100 hours of gameplay on it. However, it can not be denied that the Nintendo Wii is not a well-rounded gaming machine. You can't expect people to praise a console that lacks so much..."

Read it this time. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
NJ5 said:

Did you read my post, or did you just ignore everything I just said?

"I don't think there's any doubt that the Wii would have been popular if Sony made it. Your first sentence answers my question. The Wii would be useless if not for Nintendo's game. Could you imagine the Wii's current library without the Nintendo published games? You have to remember that, although they're great games, not everyone's favorite games are Mario, Zelda, ect... Some people like JRPG's, for example, which are quite thin -- non-existent -- on the Wii. Also, online gaming has become quite big; this is another thing that the Wii is lacking. I own a Wii, and I have enjoyed well over 100 hours of gameplay on it. However, it can not be denied that the Nintendo Wii is not a well-rounded gaming machine. You can't expect people to praise a console that lacks so much..."

Read it this time.

So that's supposed to be proof that the Wii lacks so much as a gaming machine, that no one can praise it? The only things I see in that list are:

- the lack of a specific genre (which has nothing to do with the Wii as a machine, and can easily change)
- online play (which the Wii does have, albeit not as developed as in the 360 and PS3).

All in all, that's not a very convincing argument as to why people can't praise the Wii as a console.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

So that's supposed to be proof that the Wii lacks so much as a gaming machine, that no one can praise it? The only things I see in that list is a specific genres(which has nothing to do with the Wii as a machine, and can easily change) and online play (which it does have, albeit not as developed as in the 360 and PS3).

All in all, that's not a very convincing argument as to why people can't praise the Wii as a console.

Sony is the Devil!!!!!!!!

Do I have your attention now?

First off, I didn't say the Wii can not be praised. I said that it could not be praised by everyone, because it's lacking in multiple ways. As I've already stated, the Wii is lackig in terms of online play, and online gaming has become huge. In addition, FPS have beomce one of the most popular genre's out there. just because you may not like it doesn't mean that other don't. When is lacking something that big, something that mainstream, do you honestly expect everyone to love it? It just doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. 

Hey Bod is there going to be a ToysRusspecial on SSBB?
Let us know please!!!