By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA console sales prediction

Are you kidding? Somebody thinks Wii is going to sell? Wow, I hadn't expected that Electronic Crap, I mean arts!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

This has already been posted like FIVE times and general consensus is that whilst they are getting the placings this year right, they are incorrect about the sales difference between the 360 and the PS3.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think the 360 and PS3 sound fairly accurate. It's just the Wii that is way too low.

Wii prediction seems to low, others seem about right. Perhaps EA & Patcher should switch jobs.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16170

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I only view a potential cheaper slimline PS3 for the future as more of a direct competitor to the Nintendo Wii (at least untill its release IMO Sony should keep the PS2 well supported).

At this point I think PS3 vs 360 is more relevant, EA expects the PS3 and 360 to go head to head for the United States (personally I expect a significant victory for christmas 2008 even for in the US, UK and Australia) and they think the PS3 will beat the 360 significantly for Europe (with which I agree).

IMO for Japan, the PS3 will crush 360 sales this year. I don't think anyone will dispute that, especailly considering the high profile exclusives and multi-platform 360/PS3 games significantly pushing more PS3 hardware than 360 hardware.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

im just wondering how they predict the wii will sell the most, but still refuse to put their best efforts into wii games?

Man said:
im just wondering how they predict the wii will sell the most, but still refuse to put their best efforts into wii games?

2008 will be a good year for the Nintendo Wii sales wise, but many think the long term perspective isn't really that good. Codemasters from last week's interview:

“You also have to look at the technology and understand that the Wii is essentially Gamecube 1.5, and so given that it’s Gamecube 1.5 it's not unreasonable to assume that in the timeframes that I’ve alluded to earlier that you would have a Wii 2 within a relatively short period of time.”

The PS2 was the best selling console of 2006, but many devs moved their best efforts over to the 360 / PS3 in 2006 looking ahead towards the future. The Wii's sales strenght is that due to the GameCube beind discontinued for a while (kids dominated its userbase according to Nintendo) and the platform appeals to many different kinds of people, some games are by far mostly appealing to kids and/or female, other games are by far mostly appealing to hardcore users.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

The sales of Wii is too slow, I didn´t think this is possible, Wii sell more than 15 millions this years.

remember, they are not counting japan sales

EA predictions:

WII: 12-14 million plus 5 million in japan: 16-18 million

PS3: 9.5-11.5 million plus 2-3 million in japan: 12-14 million

X360: 6-8 million plus nothing: 6-8 million

I agree with ther WII and 360 prediction but PS3 ones seem so optimistic. I expect 12 million for PS3 at most

End 2008:

WII: 38m
PS3: 20-21m
X360: 23-24m