By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the Wii U need a price cut?

So?

Yes 46 77.97%

No 12 20.34%

Total:58
F0X said:
Cut the Basic. Lower Premium price to $299. Bundle it with Mario and/or Donkey Kong this holiday. Give me a job, at least as a PR guy.

Instead of dropping, why not just put it at $250?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
F0X said:
Cut the Basic. Lower Premium price to $299. Bundle it with Mario and/or Donkey Kong this holiday. Give me a job, at least as a PR guy.

Instead of dropping, why not just put it at $250?

Supposedly the Basic doesn't sell nearly as much as the Deluxe model in the first place. I say either drop it or introduce a better Basic model or package.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Yes! Perceived value. Unfortunately the mainstream market will see the PS4 as a more powerful system, and consider the WiiU not to be Next-gen. Those customers will gladly pay 50 to 100 dollars more for the more powerful system. Now if Nintendo had a killer app like they did with Wii Sports, then it will be different because the customer will not look at price but instead purchase to experience the content.

Now, I don't think Nintendo has that content, nor will have it by the time the other consoles hit the market. They need to drop the price. I will say $249.99 for the 32GB with a game. My opinion.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

venepe said:

Yes! Perceived value. Unfortunately the mainstream market will see the PS4 as a more powerful system, and consider the WiiU not to be Next-gen. Those customers will gladly pay 50 to 100 dollars more for the more powerful system. Now if Nintendo had a killer app like they did with Wii Sports, then it will be different because the customer will not look at price but instead purchase to experience the content.

Now, I don't think Nintendo has that content, nor will have it by the time the other consoles hit the market. They need to drop the price. I will say $249.99 for the 32GB with a game. My opinion.

Ya agreed, but do you think nintendo would bundle a full game for just $250? Right now the deluxe is $350 which already includes Nintendo land.

While it may look expensive when you add in the price of a Vita to match what the Wii U can do, it doesn't need one.

What Nintendo really needs to do is redesign the 3DS and add the second stick and trigger buttons and bundle it with Wii U as the second game pad 399.99. Sony wouldn't be able to compete at all
Shouldn't we add at least 5 years of PSN+ to the price to be fair? That's what all Sony fans did last gen with 360 trying to show it was more expensive. How much is PS+ 50 a year?
So after 6 years you paid 699.99 for the console. IN 6 years I will have paid 349.99 for the Wii U.

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
venepe said:

Ya agreed, but do you think nintendo would bundle a full game for just $250? Right now the deluxe is $350 which already includes Nintendo land.

I think they could include the downloadable version of Nintendoland at that price.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

ListerOfSmeg said:
While it may look expensive when you add in the price of a Vita to match what the Wii U can do, it doesn't need one.

What Nintendo really needs to do is redesign the 3DS and add the second stick and trigger buttons and bundle it with Wii U as the second game pad 399.99. Sony wouldn't be able to compete at all
Shouldn't we add at least 5 years of PSN+ to the price to be fair? That's what all Sony fans did last gen with 360 trying to show it was more expensive. How much is PS+ 50 a year?
So after 6 years you paid 699.99 for the console. IN 6 years I will have paid 349.99 for the Wii U.

hmm, I wouldn't add the vita thing. Since I believe the ps4 and xbox one will both support mobiles and tablets which some already own. Some might just go with playing with just the controller. The vita is entirely optional and isn't an core part of the ps4. The wii u is the gamepad pretty much. As for ps plus, ya I guess thats fair enough.

venepe said:
BloodyRain said:
venepe said:

I think they could include the downloadable version of Nintendoland at that price.

Aren't the retail and dl both the same price though. Wait, I might be reaing it wrong. Are you saying the $250 should include Nintendo game and another full retail game?

when the games start coming, yes

Yes a 32 GB edition at 250.00 right around the holidays would be perfect.. a 64 GB edition at 300.00 might even be doable.. I think the Basic either needs to get off the shelves or be cut to about 180-200.00 dollars by the holiday season.. that would make for a very interesting holiday season.

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)