By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda Wii U be dumbed down and wasted like Mario 3D ?

So much anger. I want you to breath deep through your nose, and slowly exhale through your mouth.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

there's only one thing i can say to a post like this.... mario fans are weird.

I 've said this in a previous thread and I stand by it now: this game will be the lowest rated 3d Mario game, behing super Mario 64 ds. In other words, I expect this title to have a metacritic score below 85. Anyone disagree?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

F0X said:
Never heard of McDonaldo's, but I worked at a McDonald's once. Good people. Wouldn't touch the food.

People said that Wind Waker was going to be a terrible, dumbed-down Zelda game. That was maybe the last time I ever trusted people.

I honestly believe WW severely  hurt the GC and I could see this mario doing the same for the wiiU, by the time zelda comes around it might be too late.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:
F0X said:
Never heard of McDonaldo's, but I worked at a McDonald's once. Good people. Wouldn't touch the food.

People said that Wind Waker was going to be a terrible, dumbed-down Zelda game. That was maybe the last time I ever trusted people.

I honestly believe WW severely  hurt the GC and I could see this mario doing the same for the wiiU, by the time zelda comes around it might be too late.

Maybe it did, but it was ultimately several million times better than what people thought of it, which makes the situation all the more unfortunate.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
homer said:
I 've said this in a previous thread and I stand by it now: this game will be the lowest rated 3d Mario game, behing super Mario 64 ds. In other words, I expect this title to have a metacritic score below 85. Anyone disagree?

Yes because Super Mario 3D Land was great. 3D World is bascially built upon it and making everything better.

I hope it at least incorporates the ideas behind Mario 3D World: focus on the damn fundamentals.

Link Between Worlds gives me hope.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.