By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Can anyone tell me if you can play your own music in SSBB?

Around the Network

Just curious:

Have we taken predictions on how long it will be until this thread has to be locked and "The Official SSBB Thread" Mark 3 will be created?

If not I'll take 22 days =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

Anyone, anyone? Can you play music from an SD card?

',width:'100',height:'100'" width="100" height="100" align="" />

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1wx0bz_6FQ (in case embed doesn't work)

Bowser infinite jump.  Can only be done when there is ground underneath.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
The_vagabond7 said:
So far most of them don't see overly useful. The infinite bowser jump is cool, but can only be done when there is ground directly underneath him (as I understand it).

Not for casual play certainly, but I assume the Bowser jump opens up a lot of possibilities.  And the fact that they are there opens up Bowser's competitive game to more mindgames. Ice Climbers now have easier access to a chain grab, Snake can infinite recover at the risk of increasing his own % (bomb jumping), fox has an infinite, falco has an infinite.  And people are already finding ways to reduce lag.

The best thing about the things being found out though, is that they are character specific for the most part ^^ 

Around the Network

The infinite Bowser jump kinda sucks bawls... I want infinite PK thunder boost XD, anyway most of these wouldn't seem to affect online at all thankfully.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Yeah, I'm glad that character specific tricks are being found, I like character oriented mastery over sub-system mastery. I would much rather just spend time learning all the tricks and abilities of a character, than learn a bunch of general rules and apply it to everyone.

It looks like brawl has a good balance though. Looking at yesterday's update combined with other things found, there is quite a subsystem in place that applies to everyone. Parrying, 180 grabs, ukemi, and more combined with character specific tactics and techniques makes for very interesting competitions.

It even sounds like they have balancing characters. From what I'm hearing on the smash boards, Lucario is the anti-speed character. He actually does more damage the higher his % goes, so light fast characters that lack the power to KO at low % will have a difficult time with him 1v1. Hopefully that will prevent 1v1 matches to being Fox vs Falco 90% of the time.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

SeriousWB said:
The_vagabond7 said:
So far most of them don't see overly useful. The infinite bowser jump is cool, but can only be done when there is ground directly underneath him (as I understand it).

Not for casual play certainly, but I assume the Bowser jump opens up a lot of possibilities. And the fact that they are there opens up Bowser's competitive game to more mindgames. Ice Climbers now have easier access to a chain grab, Snake can infinite recover at the risk of increasing his own % (bomb jumping), fox has an infinite, falco has an infinite. And people are already finding ways to reduce lag.

The best thing about the things being found out though, is that they are character specific for the most part ^^

didn't Samus have an infinite recovery in melee? and how are Fox/Falco's recovery infinite

The high tier characters of Melee still seem to be up there though to me, Fox and Marth definitely didn't get any ground breaking nerfs.

We just need to see how the metagame evolves in the next year.

Can't wait until I get a Wii, and I reign supreme with Sheik and Zelda.

Muhahahahaha.  

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767