By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

I wouldn't play in a tourney unless there were items.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network

HOLY COW! The Zelda songs are like 35 times better than all others from 1-91 combined.

Is this music orchestrated? Because when I was still a GS'er people were VERY upset that it was MIDI, but frankly, if this is MIDI, it still has the best soundtrack ever, tied with OoT, TP and SMG.

So far Brawl is:
Top 3 music.
Nr 1 replay.
Nr 1 multiplayer.
Top 10 singleplayer (it has ALL Nintendo char's in it, and Sakurai made it, it's gonna be top 5, but won't exaggarate)
Nr 1 party game.

Anythnig else?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

If Nintendo were EA, they would have given out the following games:

SSE.
SSBB only Brawl.
Events, target smash, and all that.
Expansion pack: 3 extra players (R.O.B MRGW and someone else maybe.

Go Nintendo, they're giving us 5 games (at least) in one.

wiiforever said:
I like Bacon said:
We did not know about changing into ZSS during a match without a Smash Ball by doing the up, down and then up taunts really fast.

i'm sure that was already discovered by the Japanese

No, it wasn't...it wasn't in any popular online video...I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

You can change into ZSS at the very beginning of a match by holding R when selecting Samus.  But if you're playing as Samus, and want to switch to ZSS mid-match without a Smash Ball, you can press up and down very fast on the D-pad, and her armor will break without firing the zero laser.  As far as we know, that had not been discovered by any player yet.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The problem with items is that there are so many uber items in Brawl that can give you really easy and cheap KO's. If we do items we need to only select certain ones. Uber items and healing items should be out IMO.

Then there's always the problem that with items, it's not necessarily the best person who wins, but who has the best luck.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
If Nintendo were EA, they would have given out the following games:

SSE.
SSBB only Brawl.
Events, target smash, and all that.
Expansion pack: 3 extra players (R.O.B MRGW and someone else maybe.

Go Nintendo, they're giving us 5 games (at least) in one.

lolol - shows what a value SSBB is for all the content is has

every brawls old release date i get sick!!! and waaa todays brawls old release date

With this music, I'm afraid people who played OoT and other games are going to sue Nintendo, due to fainting of happiness, and not wake up to work the next day :/.

This is going to be the music I've listened most to ever. Beating Yoshi's Story's soundtrack :P

Nintendo game music > all other music.

Yes, the music is truly epic.

For the tournament here that's a couple weeks after Brawl's release, I'm thinking they will be 1 vs. 1 matches, with some items turned off perhaps.

We can turn off Hearts and Maximum Tomatoes perhaps...food can stay on, though. And we can turn Hammers and Golden Hammers off perhaps...and we'll have to make a decision about Final Smashes. They're pretty powerful, but they're so COOL! We'll have to take a vote I guess.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Awesome, preordered it today.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.