By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

mmnin said:
I don't suppose there is any hope that they might add some characters for the US release. :(

No, there is no chance. Why are people complaining about 39 characters anyway? It's a much larger increase from Melee than Melee was from SSB64.

Bumping the videos that were requested:

Zelda gameplay.

Sheik gameplay.

Around the Network

... What? 35 Isn't enough?

SeriousWB said:
... What? 35 Isn't enough?

39 is a more fair assessment of the roster.  They went through the trouble of creating moves for 39 characters.  Just cause there are 35 on the menu isn't really reason to say there are only 35 playable.  Especially when the game itself considers these separate characters (often treating them as such in the events, SSE, classic mode, etc.).

So did you guys hear about the news regarding the characters that are programmed into the game but missing a bit of information?

Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Plusle & Minun, and Toon Zelda/Sheik are all of them.

Apparently people are suspecting that Nintendo could give us a really small update down the road that would complete the data for the characters, and we could then play as them. Games have been known to do this on the xbox 360 apparently.

I believe it's most likely just scrapped characters they ended up deciding to not bring in the game, but if they're made whole down the road...that'd be awesome!

@wfz

Where did you get this info, or is it speculation?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

i think this game will be the wii's defining piece of software

It's not speculation as far as I know, people have been confirming it as true for a while now. I don't know where it originated from, but I've heard it at a few places. People who have Pirated the game know all about it.

So what do you guys think? Updates down the line like some games on the 360 do, or is it scraps that Nintendo didn't clean up?

Those are quite obviously just scrapped characters...I guess it might be cool if they added them later, but then again, I don't really want those back.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I know exactly what to use this song for.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxWw64t1KKM

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

wfz said:
So did you guys hear about the news regarding the characters that are programmed into the game but missing a bit of information?

Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Plusle & Minun, and Toon Zelda/Sheik are all of them.

Apparently people are suspecting that Nintendo could give us a really small update down the road that would complete the data for the characters, and we could then play as them. Games have been known to do this on the xbox 360 apparently.

I believe it's most likely just scrapped characters they ended up deciding to not bring in the game, but if they're made whole down the road...that'd be awesome!

It wouldn't take just a "really small update" to finish those characters. All that's in the disc data is the character models.  None of the moves, movement, jumps, etc. are programmed in.  The amount of data to complete each character would be about the size of an N64 game, which would basically kill all your Wii's system memory. 

The fact that all that's in the disc is the character models strongly suggests that these were just the residual data of early designs that they never bothered to take out because the models themselves take almost no disc space.  Residual data is comon in games.  For a recent example, Bioshock had some residual PS3 data, despite no PS3 version produced.