By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

My friends absolutely love the giant stages. One of them has a giant 60+ inch TV that we normally play on but when they come to my place we play on my 40-something inch which is a tad harder. Since they love those stages, I've gotten used to them (and a bit fond of them too).

I got my pick 4 times (Luigi's Mansion, Hyrule Temple, New Pork City, and Final Destination for that last match).

It was just so frustrating seeing Battlefield, Halberd, Delphino, and that other stage over and over. I'm not a fan of Halberd and I hate Delphino.

Edit:  I'd have loved to play on the Pokemon stages more.  Those are fun.

Around the Network

Good games Twilit, your DeDeDe had me confused, I wasn't sure how to approach and then boom game over ^_^.

Your hardest character to get around for me had to be the Dedede, your wolf wasn't bad either, I wish I could play that Dedede more, or you had landed the chain grab so I could see if I could get out of it. I never saw a wolf do that trick you do on the edge, seems glitchy to me.

What do you think of my Pit?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Lolz, honestly my DDD sucks actually, you just need more experience with them to face one. You have to really be smart with your approaches. Though, with Wolf I really just started spamming my smashes just for giggles.

Your Pit was decent, you have good arrow control and such. But you generally use WAY too much smashes. Down smash is all right but front smash is used at higher percents to KO, using it too much only makes it weaker. D tilts and Utilts are good. Fit a lot more of them into your game. Also Pit likes the air, Nair has multiple hits and is good for approaching. Uair is generally the same but used on opponents above you. Bair is great its pretty fast and has great knock back. Try going off the stage more though, just jump out there while shooting arrows and you can Bair, mirror sheild, stage spike or any other things that may screw over your opponent for an early kill.

Lastly you roll/spot dodge WAY too much, more than you smash. Pit's dodges are nice but like any other dodges they are for predictable moves only. This was really evident during the DDD match, half my game with him is punishing dodges and bad approaches. Generally you can do anything out of a dodge until it's over. Your sheild is you ultimate precaution. Use it whenever your opponent may out approach you or you're just not sure what they'll do. Out of a sheild you have many more options like a sheild grab, an UpB out of a sheild, short hop etc. You can also tilt your sheild to block attacks that might have sheild stabbed.

If I had had to pick one stage that defines WoW, it would be FD. I think of WoW every time I fight on that stage.

But seriously, I hate fighting on gay stages. I try not to pick Marth and just stick with MK if we're gonna play on dumb stages. But I don't always feel like using MK.

Most of the time I do a forward smash it's me just trying to get the tilt a out but pressing it too fast, if I do it too slow Pit starts walking toward the opponent which sets me up for being closer than I wanted to be so the poke is blocked and I'm grabbed.

I have a lot to learn with those arrows, soon I will be able to hit with them 100% of the time, right now I'd say I'm at 60 to 70%, w/o L-cancel I don't know what to do =(, I did use his Nair a lot on you in some matches, I just lag when I press X so it scares me to rely on it when it may not come out.

I'm happy you didn't say I was spamming arrows though, thanks for the comments.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

If you have a problem using tilts, then go into your control set up and change the C-stick to tilts. It may or may not help you. It helped me I know.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Iori Yagami said:
If I had had to pick one stage that defines WoW, it would be FD. I think of WoW every time I fight on that stage.

I have good luck on FD, same with Spear Pillar. 

FD was where my Bowser beat Ivo's DDD at the end of a Brawl tonight and where my Marth beat Twilit's Fox in a duel.

Only thing is, I hate FD!

Aggresive play is so hard on that stage. I don't like smashvile niether lmao.

me and ivo's user name look too much a like.

Fun brawls earlier tonight WoW, Twit, and Shea. Would have been on much longer except I had a friend over to help bake some cookies. mmm mint chocolate chip...

It was fun for the few brawls I was on. Shea did you get (and remember) a decent look at my Mario? Just curious your opinion on him. I need work to use his cape right though... I don't know the timing well enough.